1. myxlplyxart

myxlplyxart Member

Greetings All!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by myxlplyxart, Oct 29, 2015.

As an introduction, per definition, I should say things to allow this forum to know a bit of my background so as to establish myself in this new environment, and I’ll do that as concisely as possible to get on with more pertinent things.

It’s been an eclectic life, and though I’ve succeeded at three disparate professions - none related to writing - I most consider myself a writer. From age five I was brought up as a violinist, doing the classical music school route, with my own addition of jazz and rock, freelancing professionally for about fifteen years in some dozen orchestras, a couple of jazz bands and toured with a rock band. Though I could have satisfied a life with this, there’s much more to it, so I went back to school to study the mind and philosophy, becoming a cognitive counselor and successfully practiced that for 28 years. Amongst those two careers I ran the family music store for a couple of years, but that was Pluto in my solar system, and there’s a wide universe out there.

It’s been said that writers are those vain enough to think their ideas are worth writing down for others to read, but actually, is there anything more fascinating and awesome than the human mind, consciousness and maybe even our spiritual nature? It’s the point behind all the other points of life, yes? When writers effectively use their minds they can effectuate any part of others’ minds, and the writer, or artists in general, have been more influential in patterning history and the future than any other human endeavor, as we have the power, and responsibility, to color and shape minds, thus the culture. And when you do it right it’s a hell of a lot of fun.

I didn’t start writing as a writer until about ten years ago, suddenly pulling out a pen and pad and began. My wife asked what I was doing and I said I didn’t have the vaguest idea, really, but I’m having a blast doing it. After a couple of chapters something almost mystical occurred. It was as if I tapped into someone else’s mind that already had a writing style, though of course it was a latent part of my own that suddenly ignited. So I wrote, then wrote more, am still doing it and will never stop - finishing one fiction novel, a bevy of flash fiction doodles, starting a sci fi novel that’s now 451,000 words and needs another 50,000 to complete, and in the middle of that I finished a novella. After the sci fi novel series I will have graduated up to writing a meaningful non-fiction work that I’ve been researching for decades - mostly the consciousness side of quantum physics and the spiritual angle.

Sorry if I wrote overlong. I would very much like to hear from you people, and share ideas. Thanks.

2. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Hi new person! :cheerleader:

Welcome to ze forum. Sounds like you discovered "writing as a writer" the same way I did -- sheer accident. :-D

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Wow, finding your writing bone by accident sounds really fascinating. Congratulations for getting so much writing done. Not everyone's gotten that far. Anyway, nice to meet you, I hope you'll like it here. :) Make sure to check out our New Member Quick Start!

-Kat