1. misstexas1960

misstexas1960 New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by misstexas1960, Aug 27, 2014.

Hey everyone. This is new to me, joining a forum, actually posting an introduction. I'm quite shy and reclusive, a homebody, yet when I get around civilization, I can be chatty. So please bear with me. I'm fifty-four years old, live alone in Seattle with my cat, and am a retired veteran from the military. I have lots of time to read, also lots of time to observe, reflect, and write. However, all of that time doesn't amount to much of anything, which is what I'm hoping to change by joining some writers to get inspiration. By the way, I grew up in Texas and ended up here in Seattle through the military. This part of the country resonated with me, and I never left.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum!

You served in the armed forces? That's interesting. Women still seem to be very much in the minority there? What subjects do you write about? :)

Oh, and here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you started. Have fun! :D

-Kat

3. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here. Also, glad to see more (ex) military folk here (lots of authors are constantly on the lookout for those who've served to answer military-related questions when they write mil-sci-fi, war stories etc); I have nothing but respect for those who decide to serve their country. :cool: