1. Ripkord

Ripkord New Member

Newb

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ripkord, Jan 9, 2016.

So im new here, and here to say hi. So ive never actually writen anything. Some minor poetry in the past, nothing substantial.
    Im currently at the planning stage. Been writing various ideas and one liners. My plan is to write childrens books with the help of my wife doing artwork.
    The current plot style will be comparable too the goosebumps series. But i would do it in about 50 pages. This will make it more possible to complete and publish. In my opinion.
    However, in order to make myself unique to others, is to write with a different tone. Sorta like the way Larry David, or Woody Allen would if they wrote a book.
    Im thinking of the 10-15 y/o age group.

Comments and opinions please..

2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hi.
    So is it going to be chiller/thriller/horror sort of books or just in that format?
    The thing is Goosebumps has been done so I don't know how people would respond to a similar thing now, as the originals were done quite a bit ago.

3. kateamedeo

kateamedeo Active Member

Hello and welcome!
    Gladly share my comments and opinion on your work, before seeing it it's kind of hard to tell :)