1. Charis

Charis New Member

Hello, lovelies.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Charis, Jan 12, 2008.

Hello, darlings. My name's Charis - I'm seventeen years old, senior of highschool. I've been writing since I can remember and have been trying to actually finish a peice of work - I'll get anyway between 10-100 pages and then it just slowly disappears into the realm of the forgotten. :rolleyes:

I love meeting new people and getting to know all walks of life. I'm easily excited and strongly passionate about many things - such as writing, reading, and dancing horribly. I love experienting and a whole range of books. Three life-time goals are to 1) own a house with a room dedicated to books 2) learn to play the violin and 3) learn to speak fluent French. One of my favorite authors is Ellen Hopkins, but I also love James Patterson, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Francesca Lia Block, and many more. And as you can see, I have a habit of rambling on...maybe I should stop before I get too far ahead of myself. It's great to be here.

2. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hello Charis and welcome to Writing Forums :)

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Charis, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Have you any interest in writing short stories? That may be a good way to get some completed works under your belt and hone your writing skills, before tackling a larger project.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    Hello, and welcome!

5. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Welcome to WF.org, Charis.

6. Aurica

Aurica New Member

Hey, and welcome to the forum!

7. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Well hello Charis, welcome to WF.org. I am Heather and can usually be found round here most days and if you would ever like a review, need any help or just wanna chat then send a PM my way and I'll see what I can do. Hope to see you around more
    Heather

8. Charis

Charis New Member

Thanks for all the replies. I usually don't get such a response at other writing forums. And I love getting to know each board. :-D

And Cogito, I've never tried writing a short story. I always worry that I won't be able to finish it due to too many details, too much information.

9. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. Good luck with your writing.

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Welcome to WF.org I hope that you have a most wonderful and pleasant time here with all of us.
    Torana