1. Surreal_Nerd

Surreal_Nerd New Member

Hi, Writing Forums!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Surreal_Nerd, Aug 10, 2016.

Hello, wonderful people of WritingForums. I'm Samuel Corbiere, and I'm from a small town in Ontario. I attend high school at the moment, and I'm 16 years old.
    For most of my life, ideas have fluctuated in and out of my head, the majority of them flitting. I often express my bursts of imagination in the form of drawings, and endlessly talking about them to my friends (much to their annoyance.)

I currently, as in for the last year, have been indulging in a fun and fantasy-based adventure going on in my mind. In my notebooks. In my life! So, I'm hoping to share with a potential listener or two the depths of my idea, and this is of course hand in hand with my assistance for whatever you wish.

I hope we can get along with each other well, and have nice chats about ideas, their verbal illustration and generally a likening to each other's styles. This is my first post here, so I barely know what to expect, but I'm hoping for the best. Hope all goes well.

Happy writing~

Freethesea likes this.
  2. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

Hi Surreal Nerd! Welcome to the forum! People are amazingly helpful here so you'll find lots of listeners willing to assist. Can't wait to see your ideas fly from your mind onto paper!

Oscar Leigh and Surreal_Nerd like this.
  3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hya Surreal Nerd,
    fantasy- adventure you say? I'll lend my ear (any responses may take a long time though :/) as that also happens to be my genre but with 'historical' added in too.
    Have fun, I'm sure you will!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Surreal_Nerd, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start - it'll get you going around here. Participate and have fun!
    :)

Oscar Leigh and Surreal_Nerd like this.
  5. Surreal_Nerd

Surreal_Nerd New Member

@minstrel @I.A. By the Barn @Freethesea
    Thank you all for your warm welcoming. I'll make sure to take all recommendations I've been given here and make the most of this great site. Hope to see you somewhere down the road!

Freethesea and Oscar Leigh like this.
  6. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the madhouse! :D
    I totally understand the whole going around with different ideas thing. I wouldn't call my ideas "flitting" (did you mean fleeting?) but I do have a lot and as a consequence I do get rid of some to make space, there's been things I've replaced with new versions up to six or seven times . We share the same pain with that condition unfortunate personality trait.
    We have lovely free uniforms you should have before you get along too far;
    Straightjacket for WritingForums.jpg
    I'm told they're very comfy.
    I love how you want to be friends and things. This place is definitely real cool when people can along. Lots of interesting feedback and discussion, and some general sociable fun behaviour too!

7. Surreal_Nerd

Surreal_Nerd New Member

Ah! You're my first helper. I did mean fleeting - apologies, I'm a little shaky, being within a new audience. *edits*
    I've never exposed myself to potential critique so much, so I can definitely say I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for being friendly! I shall take that uniform, even if it's snug.

I.A. By the Barn and Oscar Leigh like this.
  8. platerawriter

platerawriter Banned

Hi Samuel, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy and connect with a lot of helpful people. :) I also think you picked a really cool username by the way!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  9. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

You're doing magnificent! I know what you mean..."shaky within this audience". Well put! I can't wait until I qualify to view the debate section of the forum. It's also enjoyable reading the first-posts in the workshop. I'm lovin it.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  10. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi both of you!

No need to be apprehensive - we are all cooking with water like everyone else ;), and we all make mistakes and learn every other day. Just stay around and don't get discouraged. Like with every other endeavour it takes time to get to know the people and connect. But I promise we don't bite and spit out the remains for the dogs to fight over :)

Freethesea and Oscar Leigh like this.