1. peacelover

peacelover New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Hello , need help please

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by peacelover, Oct 27, 2014.

Hi , there

Iam a student who is facing english writing problems ; please i want to improove my english writing skills ( can you tell me what stratgie should i follow ??????

please i have a reall dream to be an english writer, but what iam suposing to do ???

I do not even know how to write a good-strond-killer ESSAY + how to write an INTRODUCTION + STRONG THESIS STATMENT + ....... HOW TO WRITE THE SUPPORTING PARAGRAPHS + HOW TO WRITE A CONCLUSION

Please maybe you will respond by saying that : YOU DO NOT HELP STUDENTS IN THESE MATTERS ,

Please i need you help , because in my country we do not have full access to Fculty staff + we're not an anglo- country

Please iam relying on your help because i have a reall dream to realize and without your help , i will not be able to do it .

Thanks and thanks for giving me much time
  2. S S

S S Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    My advice would be to make a lot of friends and acquaintances who speak English. Have conversations with them in English, ask them to correct you if you make any mistakes. Read English news articles and stories. I assume you have access to the internet, since you made this post. Post things on language forums and ask for editing / correction. Use a spelling and grammar checker while writing.

Here are some corrections on your post, for example:

Hi there,

I am a student who is facing English writing problems. I want to improve my English writing skills (can you tell me what strategy I should follow?)

My real dream is to become an English language writer, but what am I supposed to do?

I don't even know how to write a good, strong, killer essay, or how to write an introduction and a strong thesis statement… I don't know how to write supporting paragraphs or a conclusion either.

You might respond saying, "YOU DO NOT HELP STUDENTS IN THESE MATTERS!", but please, I need your help, because in my country, we don't have full access to faculty / staff. We're not an English-speaking country

I am relying on your help, because I have a real ambition to learn, and without your help, I will not be able to do so.

Thanks for giving me your time.
  3. Kekec

Kekec Member

May 18, 2014
    With such broad questions, I'd be surprised if anyone took it upon themselves to tackle the subjects you listed. I'd suggest that you get your hands on some academic writing manuals and writing in general. I highly recommend Handbook for Writers by Simon and Schuster.

The problems you're having were the same I had. What I did was read read and read novels in English. Every unknown word I came across, I underlined it and wrote the meaning on the margins (in English). The first few novels were filled with these words, and later I found that reading was becoming easier and easier.

Also, reading will help you develop the sense for the written word. Underline a sentence you find amusing either ideologically or grammatically, while in the meantime trying to write (short stories work best). Eventually you'll begin to grasp the language and from then on it will be much easier to keep upgrading your knowledge.

There is no magic here, just hard work.