1. Morgan Willows

Morgan Willows New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Morgan Willows, Sep 23, 2013.

Hello. I'm new. I promise the crazy isn't contagious.
    I've been writing for a little over a decade but nothing publishable (so I've pretty much just been practicing for thirteen years, haha). I write mostly fantasy and sci-fi, sometimes a little horror. I read like crazy (currently reading 3 books) and have a serious author-crush on Neil Gaiman (because I think he's a great writer and a cool person in general). I love movies and usually listen to music while I write (Imagine Dragons and Two Steps From Hell make for great background). I also consider myself a student of everything I can get my brain around; I've had friends call me a "jack-of-all encyclopedia" because I have a little working knowledge from quite a lot of areas (just don't get me started on dinosaurs, you'll be here all day).
    I have asperger's so I tend to miss a lot of social cues (I do a little better in typed communication than spoken) and I also have no taboo filter - which makes it really hard to offend me but really easy for me to offend other people without meaning to because I tend to just put information in my brain without much thought to the social or emotional implications of it - but I'm always happy to be corrected if I misstep or if my information is incorrect. I will do my best not to step on any toes.
    I'm an art history geek, a bit of an English language nerd, obsessed with dinosaurs, in love with dragons, and currently really interested in studying mythology. World building is probably my favourite thing about writing (if anyone's interested, I have a world building blog on tumblr: a-partial-new-world.tumblr.com)
    I currently only have one serious project going (I thought it was a novel but it's snowflaked into a series), and a short story I'm working on getting into publishable shape.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome, Morgan of the Willows. :)

The Forum Rules will ensure you a proper start here in our little community. Our requirement for posting in the Writing Workshop are to be found there, but the quick and dirty is as follows:

• 2 weeks of forum membership
    • 20 posts anywhere in the forum
    • 2 constructive critiques of items already in the Workshop

We're not a giant anonymous forum. We're a small friendly one. Have fun. ;)

Wrey

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Morgan. Sounds like quite a lot of interesting things you're bringing to the community. Welcome.

4. Morgan Willows

:D Thanks. Hopefully I can be helpful.

5. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Morgan Willows - what a cool name, is it your name or your user name?

Welcome on board!

6. Morgan Willows

It's a pen name based on derivatives of my given name(s) :D So it's my name but it isn't, haha. I find it amusing.