1. BraxtonPee

BraxtonPee New Member

Yo!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BraxtonPee, May 1, 2014.

I've been writing for a few years. I've always had a thing for bringing to life all the things that are rolling in my head, and writing has been the most consistent means for me to do that over the years. I've been involved in one role-playing forum based on the popular manga series, Bleach, and I've recently created my own based off of the same system used in that role-play.

This time, however, it's set in an alternate universe based on the Naruto manga series [LINK REMOVED]

I'm always looking to improve my writing skills. I've pulled inspiration from those I wrote alongside in the Bleach roleplay; I spent quite a long time with those guys, and have spewed over hundreds of thousands of words worth of narratives there. It's grown stale after about 4 years, however, and I'm looking to embark on new horizons.

Coming here, I'm hoping to read more creative writing, post articles of my own, and learn from a group of dedicated writers like those I've seen here. And, if I'm lucky, maybe pull a few of you over to my site and help get things started there :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Braxton. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start. We have an active RPG community here, as well. Might be just up your alley with plenty of like-minded role players there :)

Unfortunately I had to remove the link in your post, but you can refer to your site in your signature or on you profile page.

Have fun!

-Kat

3. BraxtonPee

BraxtonPee New Member

Alright.

I have a few writings I wanted to post in the Fanfiction section, but it says I don't have sufficient privileges. How would I go about, y'know, getting those privileges? :)

4. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Hey welcome to the forum

You might wanna have a gander at this here New Member Quick Start Guide. It's quite informative and will give you all the info you need to start posting.

Pretty much before being able to post in the workshop forums you need these 3 things.

1) Two weeks as a member.
    2) 20 posts minimum.
    3) 3 review of others work that has been posted in the workshop.

While it may seem strict at first it is to ensure balance between reviewable content and reviews and to help develop ability to critique, while also making sure that new members are serious about wanting their work critiqued.

And as Ka mentioned above, we have an RP section here. You should come check it out and come introduce yourself here if you like.

Anyway, hope that helps and look forward to seeing you around!

5. MrMidnight

MrMidnight Member

Welcome friend!

I'm still pretty new here myself, the one thing I wanted to learn quick is, "What are the RIGHT questions I need to be asking?"

Kat helped me a lot by the links that are posted above, as well as Ginger. You'll find some amazing, inspirational pieces here, I've already found one (see: Line X).

Anyways, sounds like you have found a way to enjoy your craft, I hope I can find ways of expressing myself in a similar, enjoyable fashion.

Message me if I can ever help with anything, even if its just an opinion as a general reader (which is basically all I am right now lol).

Welcome again!

Midnight

6. BraxtonPee

BraxtonPee New Member

Fair enough!

And, there goes post #6.

Fourteen to go!

...and then, y'know, the two weeks.

@_@