1. Silveretta

Silveretta New Member

Hello there :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Silveretta, Apr 3, 2014.

Hi I'm Jen. I live in the UK and my first novel was published a year ago by a small e-publisher. The second novel in my paranormal romance series followed soon after and was published last September.

I'm currently working on the third novel in my series, and thought I'd take a break to try to link up with a few like-minded people.

Writing is a craft, which I am still trying to hone. I love being able to put my strange imaginings down on paper, and get a kick out of other people reading them.

I spent 10 years working in digital imagery for high-end magazines, and enjoy designing book covers for friends, and professionally.

My preferred genres are horror, paranormal, paranormal romance and psychological thrillers.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  2. Madman

Madman Active Member

Hi and welcome! You've found the best forum around! :)

Congratulations on being published. Mind me asking, but how old are you? And how old were you when you published your first work?

3. Silveretta

Silveretta New Member

Hi Madman, I'm glad this is the best forum--that saves me looking elsewhere! :)

As for my age, well...

4. Madman

Madman Active Member

Just trying to get a general sense of when I myself might hit the shelves so to speak. ;)
    But I fear I still have quiet the road to travel!

Good Luck with your third novel!

5. Silveretta

Silveretta New Member

Thank you. It took me a few years, most of that time was spent re-working and editing.

Best of luck to you, too.

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Jen. :) I'm sure other writers here would benefit from hearing about your experiences as a published author, and we also have a lot of resources here to help writers hone their craft.

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start. I removed your links because this isn't the room for writers to advertise their own work. Current advertisement options are listed here. In the future, we will likely have more self-promotion options available, so stay tuned :) In the meantime, feel free to explore the forum and have fun! :D

-Kat