1. Arya Stark

Arya Stark Member

Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Arya Stark, May 18, 2015.

First off, hi! My name is Arya Stark, based off of my favourite character in pretty much any book / TV show I've read or watched.

I'm right now in the planning and research stage of hopefully writing 3 short stories, that will then be the backstory for a novel I want to write. It is set to be in a fantasy world that has 3 main countries and a few surrounding islands, although the short stories will all be set in one country, mainly because they'll be my first books not written for a project / fun.

Hopefully I can get some other projects on this site soon, though! I heard it counts as publishing a story if you post something on here, so that's making me a little hesitant to put any of my best work on here though.

2. Sheadra

Sheadra Member

Welcome Arya! We're glad to have you!

Arya Stark likes this.
  3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Arya, welcome to the forum! :)

Have you been influenced by GRR Martin? :) Sounds like you'll fit right in! Lots of fantasy fans here. You can share snippets in our Workshop (just check the requirements first from our New Member Guide ), that should be ok if it's not too long (1000 words is the sweet spot). We're also planning completely private critique groups to avoid problems with future publication chances. :)

Anyway, have fun!

-Kat

Arya Stark likes this.
  4. Arya Stark

Arya Stark Member

Yeah, GRRM is one of the biggest influences in me enjoying writing along with a couple other horror writers, although my horror writing is terrible and I often scare myself more than anyone else when writing it!

I'll share snippets as soon as I've found some help in reading them and then making any final changes to them!

This place seems really cool right now though (does anyone say cool anymore? I feel too old)

5. Sheadra

Sheadra Member

I say cool! But to be fair, I also might have said "Yo!" yesterday...at work...

I've been hugely inspired by Fantasy and horror too! Actually, it's moved to SciFi lately, but the cool (see, told ya) thing about SciFi is that sometimes it's this blend of fantasy and horror that's just out of this world. When I say Fantasy, I don't acutally mean the high fantasy setting, but you know, a fantastic setting with characters that aren't human! Or at least not the human we know. I'm kind of hooked.

Can wait to see you around here. I'm going to put some stuff together for the workshops too once I've got enough cred around here.

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

A GoT fan, you'll fit right in around here. :D

7. TheWingedFox

TheWingedFox Banned

Welcome! King in the North!