1. Shrubs

Shrubs Member

Hello, they call me Shrubs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shrubs, Nov 22, 2014.

I hope no one is too offended by my poor grammar but here we go. My name is Shrubs I'm a first year biology student in Canada and recently found that I enjoy writing. I don't have a long history with writing but I've recently been using it as an outlet to get away from my studies so I thought I'd join this forum to keep myself interested and perhaps learn something about my new hobby. It's nice to be able to concentrate on something other than school work, and have been enjoying writing so much I've been thinking about getting into science writing. I realise that this is a creative writing forum and not a technical writing forum but I've been working on a piece of fiction that I'd like critiqued someday (after I've finished the prerequisites of course). On a side note if I were to write a scientific article, of which I have an idea for, would I be able to post it in the non-fiction section of the forum or is this forum strictly for creative writing?
    Thanks for having me, I can't wait to meet some of you on the forums.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

The Non-Fiction area in the Workshop would be the correct area once a few criteria have been met, though, important to note, what will be critiqued is your writing and presentation, not any theory or thesis you may be postulating. It's all about the writing, be it creative or technical. ;)

Here's the New Member Quick Start with some good info to get you started.

Have fun :agreed:

Wrey

3. James Random

James Random Member

Welcome, welcome!

4. Shrubs

Shrubs Member

Thanks guys

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the WF.