1. LordWotsit

LordWotsit New Member

Hello to all....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LordWotsit, Jul 9, 2014.

I joined a while ago but have not been active. I would love to write a story, I love fantasy and would also like to write a children's book. I am a bit nervous about critiquing other peoples work I don't think I have enough experience yet to do that. Hopefully this forum and the people here can help me get that experience.

2. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Welcome back.

Don't worry too much. We all had to start somewhere. Even if you are only giving the gist of how a piece made you feel, rather than perceived faults in spelling, punctuation and grammar, you will be doing the author a service. I find helps to tackle pieces in preferred genres, or at least genres I'm more familiar with. Many members will give a specific idea from what standpoint they'd like their piece assessed, and if you don't feel up to the task simply find one you feel more comfortable with. :)

So... this story you'd like to write? Got any ideas brewing?

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi, @LordWotsit, and welcome (back?) to the forum! Please read the New Member Quick Start Guide - it's new since you were last here.

Have fun!

4. LordWotsit

LordWotsit New Member

Thanks obsidian_cicatrix I will give it a shot. I have always read fantasy with some of my favourites being David Eddings, J R R Tolkien, Robert Jordan plus more. I like the idea of a crossover between our would and a fantasy would.......still thinking. I have a firmer idea for the children's book.

Minstrel - Thank you, I have had a good read of the guide and did quail slightly at the critique requirement.

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

Quail not, O newcomer! It really isn't that hard. Just take a look at a few other critiques and you'll see what's expected.
    :)