1. Katy12250

Katy12250 New Member

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Katy12250, Jun 10, 2016.

I was going to use "new" and "procrastinator" but that was already taken!

I've been writing stories since I first learned what words were. Off and on again, but I've always come back to writing. Now that I have the time, I want to write full time and actually publish. (Except I found out that you have to have a cover to publish, so now I'm not so sure on that. :eek:)

I have around 30 short stories that are finished. I have a few of them actually read for publication, but the rest need a couple of more reads and edits before they'll be ready. I also have 2 major novels started that I haven't worked on in years. I'm in the process of getting one of them ready for Camp NaNo next month. I did Camp NaNo in April where I actually made my 30,000 word goal and got a lot of short stories done. I still have a couple that are in progress that I need to finish.

I'm taking several classes and workshops on the web about writing and publishing. I'm going indie publishing, although I wouldn't turn down a regular publisher - maybe. I see indie publishing as the best way for new writers to get their work out and noticed (if it wasn't for those pesky covers!).

I have hundreds of story ideas, so that's never one of my problems. I generally don't outline, which I think is one the real problems I have when it comes to writing a full length novel. Even though the characters keep things moving, I get to a point where I don't know what should happen next and then I stall out. Or I think of one thing that could happen, but I can't write it, which probably means that it's not the right action. So one thing that I really need to work on is getting some kind of rough outline set up and figuring out the plot.

I'm looking for a writing forum where I can share pieces of my writing to get feedback, ask questions about things that I don't know, learn from writers who have "been there and done that," and generally just a fun and supportive place. Contests and workshops are a real plus.

I found this forum and have like the sound of the posts that I've read so far. There looks like there is a lot of content here as well as helpful people. I'm looking forward to exploring the forum more and seeing all the things that are available.

Plus I can use it as an excuse not to write. (Bet you wondered when the procrastinate part would show up! :))

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    The hardest thing I have found in writing (besides hitting road blocks), is all the damned research. I swear I have done more research into my novel and its sequel, than I ever did in high school or community college. :supergrin:
    But I am also one of those in the camp of : Who needs an outline? :p I feel it keeps things more spontaneous to the story arch, as well as being a lot more flexible when changing it or taking the axe to it.

That's neat that you write shorts, I love me a good collection of shorts. :p

Welcome to the forum. There are many lovely persons here that will share their insights with you. (Also their eccentricities) :superlaugh:

Here is your personal writing buddy:
    TakeThis.jpg Careful it bites. :superlaugh:

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hello! I think we all procrastinate here.:superwink:
    I'm really envious of you writing all those short stories, as mine balloon into a 30,000 monster that is serious need of pruning...
    Anyway, I hope you have a good time here, see you around!

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to WF. :superhello:
    Wow, you sound like an industrious writer! That's awesome. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. I hope you'll stick around!

-Kat