1. Pentip

Pentip New Member

Hello everybody!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pentip, Mar 26, 2008.

Hi! Several of you have already met me, but some have not.
    I didn't realize that there was a newbie welcoming board, so when I found it, I thought I might as well introduce myself. I've already posted several times, both in the reviewing department and the request review department.
    I love writing, and have since I was about 9 years old. I don't do many small things, I like novels better, but I do dabble a little in poetry, and I have written a few short stories.
    I was on a writing board a few years ago that was called Sheroes, but the people there were more intent on having a social gathering rather than enjoying the quaint art of novel writing and poetry (both of which I think should be included in the fine arts). Needless to say, their critique was not helpful in the least.
    So far this forum has been much better! :)
    See you around.
    *Something I'd like to add, I found this forum by that great invension, Google.*

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

You'll probably wish you hadn't introduced yourself actually. We regualrly paddle the noobies (And my bottom is still sore by the way.)

*Takes out paddle* WELCOME!

3. Pentip

Pentip New Member

No thank you. I prefer not to be pattled, if you will. I haven't been spanked in years, and even though it was my father, I was still unwilling. How much more willing do you think I'm going to be about being spanked by you?
    This is not the best of welcomes, but I can cope.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Pentip, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Sorry about lordofhats - he seems to have slipped his shackles again. A regular Houdini, that one!

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

lordofhats is getting a little out of control. i suggest we paddle him again for threatening newbie's:D
    Welcome to the forums pentip:)

6. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

Hey Pentip! Never forget, you have the right to defend yourself, with a bigger paddle!!

7. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hey, welcome to the forums. Don't worry about the crazies, they usually just mumble in the corners so you can just ignore them ;) We're not all that bad... honest. :D

8. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Hey Paddle........don't mind lordofhats.......he won't be with us much longer probably....you see he's next on the list for a trip with the Pied Piper, so we're just hoping, the trip last forever. ;)......and welcome

9. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

I love your signature! Très funny. :)

Welcome.

10. Pentip

Pentip New Member

Thanks, I aim to please.

11. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Wow, that's what I always say.