0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bad :(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CosmicFox808

CosmicFox808 New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CosmicFox808, Sep 25, 2016.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Michelle. I'm 26 years old and I live in Milwaukee, WI, USA. My day job is at a Health & Wellness company, where I am the reporting team lead. It's a healthy mix of data analysis, management tasks, and LOTS of problem solving!

I've loved reading and writing since I was a child, but only recently developed the self discipline to really pursue writing an entire novel. I'm knee deep in the editing process now and I'm meeting with an editor next month to go over the structure of the story and get some guidance on the areas I'm struggling with.

For me, editing is the most challenging aspect of writing. I've been finding it difficult to stay motivated when it feels like I work on the story constantly, but still have so much work left to do. I thought that joining this forum would be a great way to meet some people who are struggling with the same thing and/or have been there before. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

PGWhyte likes this.
  2. PGWhyte

PGWhyte Member

Hi Michelle, welcome!

Lucky you found the place, I've found it nothing but helpful. Great bunch of folks here.
    What genre is your novel? And what books have you read recently?

Phil

CosmicFox808 likes this.
  3. CosmicFox808

CosmicFox808 New Member

Hi Phil, thank you! :) My novel is Fantasy/Sci-Fi. What writing project(s) are you working on?

The best book I've read recently was "Wild Seed" by Octavia Butler. She's an incredible writer, I can't wait to read more by her. I also recently started the second book in the Mistborn series.

4. PGWhyte

PGWhyte Member

I'm currently working on a horror short story, planning to have it coincide with my book/series (when I start it)
    Love a bit of sci-if/fantasy when I've had my horror fill.

Sounds interesting, might have to check those out.
    Good luck with your novel :supercool:

5. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

Welcome to the forum Michelle. My genre is Fantasy/Sci-fi also. Looking forward to sharing thoughts