1. Jaded Bluebird

Jaded Bluebird New Member

A Casually Detailed Introduction -Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jaded Bluebird, May 16, 2016.

Hello All!

Oh boy, time for an introduction! Where to begin, where to begin...

Well, I suppose you guys can call me 'Jade' or 'Bluebird', whichever you prefer! I am a 21 year old woman from Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.

I joined this site mostly because I love to write but am always find myself hitting a wall about halfway-two thirds way through a piece. I figured that actually releasing my work into the world of the internet would give me the motivation and ability to improve via critiques and just being part of a community. The types of writing that I generally enjoy are descriptive narratives, dialogue, and song lyrics.

I'm excited to finish something for once and have high hopes that you guys can help me reach and continue to reach that goal!

Thanks for reading,
    -JB

Steerpike likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Hey there Bluebird. Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it here!

Jump right on into the threads. It's a good group around here.

3. King Arthur

King Arthur Banned

Hello!

What genres do you write in?

4. Jaded Bluebird

Thanks for the welcome Steerpike.

I'm definitely going to get right into it and make the most of the my otherwise unoccupied Monday night, haha!

Steerpike likes this.
  5. Jaded Bluebird

Heya!

That's a great question that I've not really asked myself, honestly. I am for the most part a fiction writer. I think the genres I've spent the most time with are Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Realistic Fiction. I like to include elements of mystery where my characters have to solve puzzles and such. I am also part of a Dungeons and Dragons group and have written a few campaigns/stories for them.

I adore writing Romantic (both senses of the word) dialogue, poetry, and lyrics. I also like to discuss philosophical subjects and how my experiences in life have shaped my beliefs. In short, I like to make up new worlds and characters, but also like reflecting on my own life and emotions!

6. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

*rolls initiative*

[​IMG] 1D20 => 7

Damn. This isn't going to end well...