1. tjoudega

tjoudega New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tjoudega, Sep 18, 2013.

Dear all,

I am new on this forum. After posting a new thread and reading some others have started, I found that this is a very active and supportive community, one of which I am glad to become a part of.

I am Dutch and I write in Dutch (although I have attempted writing English in the past, but found that I know too few words to write a longer story).

I am 23 years old and have started to write a few novels and short stories, but never finished one, which immediately is my main problem; I tend to lose interest in ideas I have. Therefore I am now very reluctant to write 'beyond my ideas', i.e. I mull an idea in my head for a long time and then write around it. This is my style right now, but I am trying to lose some of that fear of losing interest.

Well, let me conclude. I hope to have lots of helpful and supportive conversations with you!

Yours,

Thomas

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Hi Thomas! It's great to meet you! I could help you with English if you want, just message me! I hope to see you around on the forums! :)

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Thomas. Nice to meet you. While I don't blame you writing in your native tongue, I must compliment you on your post. I don't see any of the tell tell grammar errors one often sees with people writing in English as a second language.

4. tjoudega

tjoudega New Member

Well thank you! Should I try to write something in English again, I'll may just ask your help ;)

Well see you around the forum!

Yours,

Thomas

5. Tara

Tara Contributing Member

Welcome, it's nice to see I'm not the only Dutch person around here :)
    I'm looking forward to reading some of your work (if you're willing to share it, of course).

I hope you'll like it here

6. tjoudega

tjoudega New Member

Hey Tara,

When I finish something, I will certainly let you know! Do you write in Dutch? Or do you write in English as well? I am not sure which one to choose sometimes...

7. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Tara,

you will find that we are quite multicultural and we embrace variety and diversity! Welcome! :)

Some Forum Rules to get you started on the right track. ;)

Wrey