1. tjoudega

tjoudega New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tjoudega, Sep 18, 2013.

Dear all,

I am new on this forum. After posting a new thread and reading some others have started, I found that this is a very active and supportive community, one of which I am glad to become a part of.

I am Dutch and I write in Dutch (although I have attempted writing English in the past, but found that I know too few words to write a longer story).

I am 23 years old and have started to write a few novels and short stories, but never finished one, which immediately is my main problem; I tend to lose interest in ideas I have. Therefore I am now very reluctant to write 'beyond my ideas', i.e. I mull an idea in my head for a long time and then write around it. This is my style right now, but I am trying to lose some of that fear of losing interest.

Well, let me conclude. I hope to have lots of helpful and supportive conversations with you!

Yours,

Thomas

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Hi Thomas! It's great to meet you! I could help you with English if you want, just message me! I hope to see you around on the forums! :)

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Thomas. Nice to meet you. While I don't blame you writing in your native tongue, I must compliment you on your post. I don't see any of the tell tell grammar errors one often sees with people writing in English as a second language.

4. tjoudega

tjoudega New Member

Well thank you! Should I try to write something in English again, I'll may just ask your help ;)

Well see you around the forum!

Yours,

Thomas

5. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Welcome, it's nice to see I'm not the only Dutch person around here :)
    I'm looking forward to reading some of your work (if you're willing to share it, of course).

I hope you'll like it here

6. tjoudega

tjoudega New Member

Hey Tara,

When I finish something, I will certainly let you know! Do you write in Dutch? Or do you write in English as well? I am not sure which one to choose sometimes...

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Tara,

you will find that we are quite multicultural and we embrace variety and diversity! Welcome! :)

Some Forum Rules to get you started on the right track. ;)

Wrey