1. fmmarcy

fmmarcy Member

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fmmarcy, Oct 17, 2013.

Hi everyone! I joined this forum a while back, forgot about it, happened upon it again recently, and decided I should join up and be a part of the community!
    A bit about me: I'm currently studying English at Union University while minoring in Philosophy. My ambition is to be able to write in some form (novels, screenplays, scholarly articles, whatever, I just love to write) while also perhaps teaching.
    As far as my writing tastes go, I enjoy science fiction quite a bit. I'm a huge fan of Orson Scott Card, Isaac Asimov and Timothy Zahn, and read them fairly frequently. (I'm also quite a big Star Wars fan, while I'm on the subject) I'm also a huge fan of the epic poems. Virgil's Aeneid and Milton's Paradise Lost are two of my favorites. As far as poetry goes I'm definitely a Romantic (this really filters into most of how I look at the world in general), and love Wordsworth among others.
    I also blog fairly frequently with a friend of mine at school, at pullingonthepushdoor.wordpress.com
    Check it out if you'd like! Looking forward to being a part of the community!

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Not a single reply? Poor you. :(

Hello there, marcy!
    I'm a fan of Asimov's myself and I've quite a few of his books. One of my absolute favs is his "Destination Brain", which is so brilliantly planned and executed.
    Poetry, on the other hand, is something else entirely. I've never really felt that it was something for me, even though there are a few poems I truly enjoy (eg. Television by Roald Dahl)

I wish you good luck with your studies and that you will find what you seek here!

//Komposten

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D