1. Billaferd

Billaferd New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Billaferd, Jan 22, 2014.

Hello all,

My name is Brent and I enjoy writing. I used to write small stories when I was younger but stopped because I was always short on time. I want to get back into it, not for money or anything like that. Just want to express myself and maybe entertain some people. I have an idea for a short sci-fi story but because I am so out of practice decided to start small and focus on some flash fiction in the same universe to help with the background of characters and practice writing in general.

In my current job as a software engineer, I read and write mostly very technical things and feel that I need to branch out to try and save my sanity. Not sure if I am going to follow through with this but figured I would give it a shot anyways. I've been lurking for a few days, reading threads and taking in information. This looks like a nice community and I hope to both learn and eventually share what I can.

2. aClem

aClem Active Member

Hi Billaferd,

My background includes similar stretches of technical writing, in which I improved my typing skill, at the very least, but I'd also say I learned to edit my own work, and to pay a lot of attention to being clear and to the point. Even when writing something very far removed from technical writing, such as science fiction or fantasy.