1. Herbert H Hebert

Herbert H Hebert New Member

New to fiction writing.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Herbert H Hebert, Jan 29, 2014.

Hi, I'm a newbie to fiction and to writing for mainstream audiences. I'd like to remain anonymous because I'll be writing on controversial subjects. Besides fiction, I'm thinking true stories, with names changed to protect... well, me mostly. I've been published in specialty journals on technical subjects. I don't know if that counts. I'm here looking for any insights into how to write and get published. I'm thinking fantasy and SF with a very dark sense of humor. As for the true stories, whenever I tell people about some of my life experiences, the more sheltered ones freak out a little.

I'll answer to Herbert.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome aboard, Herbert!

if/when you start writing 'true' stories, keep in mind that you can be sued for writing about real people without their permission... it's best to consult a literary attorney before you start, so you'll know what to avoid...

love and hugs, maia

3. Herbert H Hebert

Herbert H Hebert New Member

Well, most of them are dead, and good riddance. The one or two that survive aren't the sort who go out of their way to connect dots.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey