1. Reide

Reide New Member

Hello.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Reide, Jun 30, 2014.

How are you?

2. Annalise_Azevedo

Annalise_Azevedo Member

Hey there, I'm good but tired thanks for asking :D

So usually someone would've commented about the newbie guide but I guess since I commented first... Just check the link out to help you get started on this forum, https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/

Anyway welcome to the forum and I hope you have fun. Do you do any writing of some sort?

Andrae Smith likes this.
  3. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Hi @Reide,

Welcome to the Forum! I'm doing fine, hbu? As you are new, I invite you to check out our Forum Rules. Or for more fun, and (almost) everything you'll want to know, check out the très cool New Member Quick Start that our staff put together.

I hope you find everything you're looking for here. We have many forums to explore and many members of varying ages, backgrounds, and ambitions to talk to and learn with. We're like one big study group (but cooler :cool:). Get involved, be nice, and have fun, and you should do just fine.

Best,

Andrae :agreed:

BTW, what kind of writing do you like to do? How long have you been at it?

4. Andrae Smith

Darn it! You beat me by just a few keystrokes! :p

5. Annalise_Azevedo

Annalise_Azevedo Member

Hehe sorry :p I waited like a few seconds for someone to comment but then I shrugged it off and posted away. It's strange that you pretty much summed up what I said but added stuff about us being cooler :D which is true... you can never deny the truth. However we must curse the keystrokes!

Andrae Smith likes this.
  6. Andrae Smith

You know it! Who'd want to deny the truth when the truth is his awesome? :cool: (okay, putting the humility hat back on)

And yeah... It's my own fault for never taking a typing class. :rolleyes:

7. Reide

Reide New Member

I am actually a returned member. I used to have the name that went something like "Edwardwatchesyoufap" or something. I was also on teenwriters but I left a while ago due to life. Also that site sucked. Unfortunately because I had "edward" in my name they assumed I was a twilighter. Anyway I'll definitely check the guide to see if things changed.

>>Do you do any writing of some sort?
    >>BTW, what kind of writing do you like to do? How long have you been at it?

I write fantasy stories. I'm trying to break out of this little controversial bubble. I'd like to write for me and not feel like I have to worry about others opinions. I don't even know when I first started but once I wrote a story that freaked my teacher out and so she called my mother and we had to have a meeting with the school councilor. I got the idea for my story from the bible ironically. I was 12.

I also like to experiment. For instance it's fun to take a cliche idea (aka vampire's" and turn it into something else. I feel if you can't take a cliche idea and make it your own then there is no point.

Unfortunately sometimes I find I rush into an idea. I will be writing one chapter and keep thinking about the next chapter. So I feel I need a lot of help with structuring a plot.

8. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

I like you already.

Reide likes this.
  9. Reide

Reide New Member

Fun times

10. Andrae Smith

Well then, welcome back. I hope you find the site more your style since then. We are a friendlier bunch these days, I hear. ;)

As for your stories... I'm sorry people have been so critical, or have reacted in such odd ways. You don't have to worry about opinions here. Sure, you'll get opinions, but none directed to put you down or judge you. Constructive criticism may come, but nothing judgemental. Opinions don't matter much, just distinguish between opinions and well intended, learned advice. :)

And more power to ya for experimenting! :agreed:

11. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome back! You might find this place has changed a bit, but hopefully for the better. ;)

See you on the boards!

-Kat