1. Michael Pless

Michael Pless Senior Member

Greetings from Down Under

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Michael Pless, Dec 16, 2014.

New to the forum, I am an Australian born in England off a Romanian and German parents, married to a most wonderful lady of Cantonese birth, I am something of a cultural and nationalistic melange. With two beautiful daughters as well, I have a lot of joy in my life.

I completed my trade qualification as an optical craftsman, then went on to study biochemistry, computers, mathematics, and eventually completed my diploma in Media Studies, more or less. My youngest got us all involved in archery over a decade ago and now I teach it, organizing my writing around that.

I love writing and the language, and like to slide in archaic terms from time to time. I get inspiration from who-knows-where and I don't want to analyse that lest it spoils some part of the process. Last time I checked, I had starts to around seven or eight novels.

My first real* novel Cast Into New Eden is on Smashwords and also iTunes, I believe. I am working on the sequel, Trouble In New Eden. I have many short stories though have never bothered to publish them, except in the college newspaper.

*As part of a class exercise, I completed a "100 word novel", composed whilst wielding my Volvo home after class, in somewhat of a hurry because I wanted to get it typed-up.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Michael, and welcome to the forum. :)

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started.

You probably speak more than one language as well? :) Also, congratulations for already finishing and publishing a novel. That's no small feat!

-Kat

3. Shamgar81

Shamgar81 Member

Welcome to the forum hope you find what your looking for :)

4. Michael Pless

Michael Pless Senior Member

Thanks everyone. I'm here mainly to give a little help where I can and get a little guidance when I need it. The NMG is excellent.

Sadly, I only speak English, lamenting my reluctance to learn German when I had the chance.

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the forums.