1. Neliel

Neliel Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Neliel, Mar 30, 2015.

Well, let's state the obvious.

Hi! I'm new!

Done.

Now... a bit about myself, I guess.

I don't like sharing my real name so you can call me Neliel, Nel, or whatever you wish to call me (as long as it is clear that you're referring to me; I don't read minds *wink*). I love critiquing other people's works and perhaps it is one of the top reasons of why I'm joining this forum.
    I navigated the website a little -- really neat. I liked it a lot.

I'm not very excited about posting any of my work, so don't expect that from me very soon. Anything that I have is stuck, has a dead-end, or is just barely hanging by a thread. So... I'm looking for inspiration, ideas, and some abstract help.

I am 22, by the way. And English is not my native language. If you see me writing something weird, please let me know. Sometimes I translate in my head and it sounds fine to me, but in reality, nobody ever phrases things the way I do.

Thank you!
    I hope this wasn't too long. :)

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hi Neliel - Welcome to the group!
    Maybe just critique others work for a while. You'll be surprised how much this helps your writing.

Neliel likes this.
  3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

4. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Neliel!

Take a stroll over the New Member Guide to get started with the forum's rules. Then dive into the discussions and critiquing!
    There's a lot of people around here who'd love to help you out with any and all questions you may have. :agreed:

Have fun!

5. Neliel

Neliel Member

Thanks to the three of you.

I already checked the New Member Guide. And the guide for critiquing. And the general rules of the forum.

See ya' around. :)

6. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Welcome! Don't worry about sharing your work - you can if you wish, but it's not obligatory :) I think I've shared 2 pieces in the workshop on here and I've been a member since 2010! Just by reading other people's thoughts and contributing to threads, you gain a lot of insights and ideas, and that's very valuable. Just enjoy the place and have fun :D