Tags:
  1. SydneyHarbour

SydneyHarbour New Member

Guten Tag!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SydneyHarbour, Jul 12, 2015.

Hello everyone,

My name is Sydney (hence the username) and it's so nice to meet you all!

I am an on-and-off writer (currently in the on period!) who majors in English and German at university. :) I am in love with language and the way it can be used in so many different ways and to give so many different messages. Reading is my addiction and I seek to discipline myself so that writing can be, too. I am often the victim of doubt in terms of my writing but I am currently attempting to write a novel which is pretty exciting for me! I thought that joining this forum would help me in my endeavour and that perhaps I could make a few friends along the way. :D

2. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Hi Sydney,

Welcome to the forum. :)

English and German sounds pretty good, and they go hand-in-hand which will take the edge off. ;) I look forward to reading your prose.

3. SydneyHarbour

SydneyHarbour New Member

Thank you :)

German is something else, I tell you ahaha. But I am fascinated by it. Took French for two years and just couldn't get into it the way I am with German. I don't why, really, because French was much easier!

Und danke schon ;)
    I've only written a few thousand words so far. Funny thing is I recently found a 100,000 word Harry Potter fan-fiction I wrote when I was twelve. Wish I could conjure that kind of motivation again! :p

Are you working on anything at the moment?

4. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome, Sydney!

I guess you probably have read it by now, but just in case I'd like to leave a link to the New Member Quick Start.

Cheers! :)