1. Mallett

Mallett New Member

Hello forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mallett, Oct 12, 2015.

Hi there,

Just signed up here and wanted to say hi. I'm a screenwriter (mostly TV-Pilots and short scripts) from Germany, so I'm not a native english speaker and am always looking for some opinions about correct phrasing.

So far, my first TV-pilot I wrote in english language made it to the semi-finals of the Creative World Awards and got to the 2nd round of PAGE. The whole screenwriting is still quite new to me, I started about a year ago and switched to english language about 6 months ago.

Currently I'm busy with my first attempt of writing a feature. My favourite genres are SciFi, Mystery/Suspense and stories built around conspiracy theories. So said feature is also my first go at a horror story.

In my 'normal' life, I'm running a small software development company here in Germany, which includes a lot of travelling. Mostly I'm working for customers in the production or machinery industry.

If there's anything I forgot which you'd like to know, just ask :)

2. Desttinghim

Desttinghim New Member

Ich heiße Desttinghim? I'm learning German in school, though I'm not particularly good at it.

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet you. Good job getting so far in those competitions, though I can't say I'm familiar with them. I look forward to reading some of your work.

3. Mallett

Mallett New Member

Thanks, Destinghim.

It's been like that for me with french back in school. I live like 20 km away from the french border but I was never really good at it. Always liked english more and I still keep learning new things the more I write.

I liked writing in german too, but there's no real market for Scifi/Mystery stories here. Productions here are 90% telenovelas or reality TV, the rest are very few high budget crime/detective series with the same writers writing them for 30 years and longer.