1. Kit Carruthers

Kit Carruthers New Member

Hello.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kit Carruthers, Dec 2, 2015.

The name's Rob. I feel like I have a lot to offer here but also a lot to learn.

I'm very happy with my story lines but I feel my characters could use some work.

Currently writing a couple of short stories and a novella. Haven't written much fiction since I was younger, most of what I've been writing lately is non fiction about society and stuff.

So yeah, hi.

2. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Hey, Rob, welcome to the forum. I'm in the same boat myself, writing mostly about politics and crap till a few months ago. It has been a challenge, but it's good -- working mental muscles I haven't used in over ten years is better than twenty, right? All the best with your goals.

Brian

Kit Carruthers likes this.
  3. Kit Carruthers

Nice to meet you. Interesting to see we are in the same boat. All the best with your goals as well.

Whereabouts in Canada are you from?

4. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

All over. Grew up in North Bay, ON. Was in Keswick and Owen Sound (also ON) too before Toronto for seven years, then Edmonton a year and half. Six years now in Brampton.

Yeah, you could say I'm a bit disillusioned with the political scene, somewhat my fault though. Got involved with "pointless," unproductive groups. But I know I'm not just on the rebound. CW for the long haul :agreed:

5. Kit Carruthers

Nifty.

I doubt I'll ever be disillusioned with the political scene myself, but yeah creative writing for the long haul for me as well. I'm still working on a lot of non fiction at the same time, though.