1. Flux Landris

Flux Landris New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Flux Landris, May 22, 2016.

Hi there! I'm sixteen years old and I've recently been inspired to (hopefully) write a novel.

After taking APUSH this year, the Vietnam War and its horrors really struck me. It was depressing but insightful to learn about how people killed one another simply because of the strife between their countries. This gave me the idea to write a story with an underlying message that hatred creates more hatred which causes the cycle of violence to never end.

So a few quick facts about me:
    • The most perceptive book I have read so far has been Life of Pi but Cassandra Clare is my guilty pleasure
    • I love tennis (although the college recruiting process has been quite stressful)
    • I enjoy painting with watercolors
    • I'm trying to break free of my pessimistic perspective and become an idealist without illusions
    I would love to meet some writer friends and develop a relationship where we can improve our writing together. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you have a lovely day! :)

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the madhouse!
    Sounds like a great concept for a book there.
    I recommend taking the attitude of being too dark is ungrateful. The way I see it it doesn't matter how shitty the world is we should appreciate all this positive stuff and try to turn that energy into positive change.
    I look forward to working with you too and I will seeee yooou laterrr!:blowkiss::brb:

3. Flux Landris

Flux Landris New Member

Thank you! I didn't think about seeing darkness in that way and it's something I'll definitely keep in mind.

Oscar Leigh likes this.