1. Cha

Cha New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cha, Aug 24, 2016.

Hi there!

My name's Charlotte (hence the super subtle user name). I'm 25 and a grad school student (poli sci majoring in political theory to be precise). I come from the wonderful land of Switzerland (yup, you read that right), squeezed in the middle of the European Union. I'm here to take a look, maybe post a few things, but as you can guess from this brief introduction: english is definitely not my first language (it's french, my first language is french, let's be proud of that).

I think it's interesting to write in a language that's actually not mine. To put it simply, it's kind of like dancing with a limited range of motion. I have to focus a lot to make every word count, but I do believe in the fact that I can actually express myself meaningfully despite all of my limitations. Or if I can't right now, I'll probably will someday.

So I will try to use my first two weeks around here to familiarize myself with your methods and see if it will make sense for me to try and share some of my stuff here in the future (guess who read the "New Member Quick Start Guide" before posting?!).

So bear with me (Literal french translation: Ours avec moi -- this is wonderful). Please. And please, please do not hesitate to correct me if my grammar or else makes your eyes bleed. I don't wanna make anybody sad or angry or grammangry.

Bye now!

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    If you find method in random and chaos then it should not be too difficult, as long as you play nice with the other kids in the yard. :supergrin:

Welcome and enjoy your stay, but if you find the Grail it's mine (so no touchy). :supergrin:

Also consider this: What if the only way we could communicate was through elaborate musical interpretation with out a standard of languages.

Good luck with your writings, and hope to C-ya around. :supersmile:

TakeThis.jpg Almost forgot, this will protect you from the dark magic and what not. Don't lose it. :superlaugh:

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Morning!
    I think your English is better than mine and its my first language so don't worry. I really enjoyed reading your intro, it was so lively!
    I see @Cave Troll has already prepared you with your kitten so get stuck in and have fun!

Brindy likes this.
  4. Cha

Cha New Member

Many thanks!

Is it possible to request the puppy version of this welcome gift :D ?

5. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

You'll do just fine, Cha!