1. Fixed

Fixed New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fixed, Sep 30, 2006.

hey everybody, I'm Fixed and that is what you guys can call me
    I just turned 17 and am in my junior year of highschool, I also really very much enjoy writing, it's one of my two passions, the other being sports, mainly soccer

My dad's a diplomat so I keep moving around the world every two or three years so that's why i couldn't bother to put my location or anything but I currently live in Ethiopia.

My parents are really cool and are a weird couple from Belgium and Korea. So obviouly I'm a half half boy, oh ya forgot to say I'm not a girl, well now you know

My favorite genres to read are fantasy and crime thrillers, right well not much else to say which would be interesting...
    see you guys soon

2. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Hey, welcome to the site!

Sounds like your an interesting person. I love thrillers as well. What's your favorite sort of thing to actually write?

3. Mercury

Mercury Active Member

Hi and welcome, Fixed.

So how's Ethiopia? You must get some great material for your writing on your travels.

4. Fixed

Fixed New Member

thanks for the welcome guys

So far I haven't actually found out what my favorite thing to write is although I definitely find it easier to write in the third-person. Since I was a child though I always wanted to write a fantasy or sci-fi just because of the fact that this is what I like to read but I am also quite good at writing real life fiction.
    I consider myself quite bad at writing romance (maybe only because I've never tried) and I simply dislike writing too many things on fact because it reminds me a lot of school, and I hate doing work which I don't feel the need for.
    I would like to attempt crime/thriller one day but to me it just seems harder than most other genres.

Etiopia is not a bad country even though it's really poor. Moving around the world as a person has got me to know several different types of personalities and helped me understand all types of people better. I'm also quite surprised when other people think something is special, whilst to me it appears quite normal, such as let's say a safari and making a photo of wild beasts, I find this quite a boring experience to be honest whilst others love doing this...

I think the main thing moving from country to country has helped me with in terms of writing is that I have seen a lot of diferent things and know plenty different environments and lifestyles

5. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Travelling around the world? Oooh, sounds like fun. Do you wish you could settle down in some place ever though, or do you enjoy travelling?

6. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Welcome Fixed. Look forward to your participation.

7. Fixed

Fixed New Member

yep definitely want to settle down
    Me and my parents already decided that I would go to college in the United states and I am expected to stay there for quite a while until I get a settled job basically and possibly much longer

I also hope that when I have settled down, that I will be rich since obviously sometimes I will miss travelling, and if i'm rich it wil be easy to go on some nice holiday trips
    If I had an option for my job, it would be either fireman or something to do with writing (magazine writer, journalist or author)