1. Warrior of Light

Warrior of Light New Member

Greetings from Germany

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Warrior of Light, Oct 25, 2012.

You can ignore my alias. My name is Mathieu, some people prefer to call me Math - just do as you will.
    I'm an eightteen years old German student and I never wrote in English-speaking forums before, but I welcome you people to correct my language.

If you need people in any RPG; feel free asking me to join since this is what I am here for.

I think that's all I want to say, I'm excited to write with you guys.

2. Kinch

Kinch New Member

Greetings! I look forward to what you have to add to the community. International gatherings are a great thing.

There is only one 't' in 'eighteen.' It's understandable. ;)
    I will say, German is one of those languages that scare me at times - it sounds harsh to American ears. But in the grand scheme of things, a word is just a series of sounds someone made with their vocal box to represent something they noticed (or didn't).

I wish you the best of luck, Mathieu!

3. Warrior of Light

I thought so, thanks.

I'm glad that you're a very tolerant person, German might be even difficult as your own native language sometimes.

I wish you best of luck, too.

4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Hi Mathieu! (I do love your username, though. ;) ) Welcome to the forums! You've come to right place for RPGs, we've got a great community of people.

I'm eighteen too, and that's cool you are from Germany! My dad's family's ancestry is German, along with my crazy long last name.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

5. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

More RPers, <GOOD>

EDIT: I already said it, but the most active RP here is Tales of Exzalia.
    I'm in control of Chronicles of the Unreal, Cocoon of Dreams, you're free to join it if you want to. The more people the best
    Also Surmanack is interesting.
    Vampyre Story, Alukard are active RPG
    Erik started a fan version of Charmed

6. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

a fellow RPGer welcome, as you can tell from my user name I am GM of TOE (tales of Exzalia)

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum, I'm sure others have already stated there are several active RPG's going so if you like to RP you came to the right place

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Guten Tag, Mathieu.

As this is a writing forum, the RPG is writing oriented. There is a premium placed on well-written interactions and fascinating characters. Dying well would be preferred over living in mediocrity. Hopefully this is the kind of RPGing that will pique your interest, and perhaps you will explore outside the RPGs as well.

Because writing is what we are all about.

Willkommen in unserem Forum!

8. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to Writing Forums, Matheiu!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, whatever your interests in writing.

This forum aims to provide the best workshopping resources on the internet, and to that end we have a few rules which you should familiarise yourself with before you get stuck in. The main section of the site is the Writing Workshop, where members can post their writing in order to receive critique of their work.

However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirements. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing.

Beyond the Writing Workshop, you will find that we have extensive forums for discussion of aspects of writing, as well as a community area for general discussion. We also run periodic short story and poetry contests, which are good for challenging yourself and expanding your skills.

If you have any questions or problems, then the moderators (myself, Cogito, Lemex and Dante Dases) should be your first port of call. Any technical problems with the site itself should be directed to Daniel, the site administrator and owner. I would recommend you have a look over the rules so that you know what to expect, and what is expected. But aside from that, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Banzai

9. Warrior of Light

Great to have so many replies, I appreciate that.

I will look forward to check out your current RPGs.

Thank you.

10. Fife

Fife New Member

Welcome. I find it interesting that there are such a wide variety of people here. I have never heard of writing-oriented RPG nor have I met anyone from Germany. The only RPG that I know of would be from video games; it sounds like something that would be interesting to look into! I am also new to the site and am still familiarizing myself with the people and the interface. I hope you enjoy your time here.

TL

11. Warrior of Light

Thanks, mate. The same to you.

These RPGs here are determined by the GMs so it can be more complex but free at the same time - compared to video games.

12. Kinch

Kinch New Member

I know you joined the forum for its RPGs, but I came to tell you that your country has a truly great literary legacy. Immanuel Kant, Goethe, Nietzsche, Kafka, Thomas Mann, and more recently, Günter Grass...not bad at all. ;)

Besides being American, I do have a large amount of Irish blood, so I'm also connected to a great force in European literature, with guys like Keats, Yeats, Wilde, and Joyce, but I'm still envious of you (I do have some German blood, but it's not that much). After all, Nietzsche is the only philosopher I've ever read who is truly funny - if he was born in this century, he'd be the world's greatest blogger. :)

See you around!