1. NVincebl

NVincebl New Member

Greetings with a question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NVincebl, May 17, 2013.

So I'm not sure if this will be the right kind of forum for me, mostly, because I'm a casual writer at best. Occasionally, I have things that I'd like to share, but generally speaking, my goal is not to improve my writing from a technical standpoint (though that might be a nice bounus). I'm more interested in the discussion that follows and the various reactions of a diverse audience. Is there a place for this kind of thing here or should I go elsewhere? Could anyone recommended an existing platform that might be more appropriate?

2. Rebel Yellow

Rebel Yellow Active Member

Welcome to the forums Vince. :)The meat of this community is the workshop. However, be sure to read the rules before you post your work.

3. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

Welcome around. I'm quite new here myself as well, btw, but so far, I like what I see.
    There are sections where you can just talk, or discuss about writing or anything in general.
    There are also places where you can post up your writing to see other people's opinion toward it. Not all critiques are gonna be about technicality, of course. Some of us focus more on the flow of the writing itself, while some others might focus more on describing the events or actions.

What kind of, to quote your own words, 'discussion that follows and the various reactions of a diverse audience' are you looking for ?

Hope you stick around and nice to meet ya :)

4. killbill

killbill Member

Welcome!

Do you mean you just want to post your writings, read the replies, and do nothing else before and after you post? That's not allowed. Please read the forum rules.

5. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Hi and welcome!

Unsure as to what you mean by 'discussions', are you perhaps more interested debate than writing?

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

there's no section in the main part of this site for just displaying your writings to be read, but you may be able to do that in the 'blog' section... [at least i thought there was such a place... but i can't find it... don't we have one?... i may be thinking of one of the other sites i post on]

as noted above, you need to read the site rules 'n regs...