Tags:
  1. Aether

Aether New Member

Nya!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aether, Oct 23, 2007.

Hey! How's it going? Well I'm obviously new here and that's why I'm posting in here so yeah. I like... no, love to write, it's my hobby and I do it whenever I can. Unfortunately I'm going through a block and it's really irritating me. I'm 18 and I live in a wonderful, mystical land of faeries and pixie dust... and puppies roaming in open meadows playing with kittens! Australia! (That kinda stuff really doesn't happen and no we don't have pet kangaroos, I've seen a kangaroo as much as you have... in the zoo)
    I'm really into punk, metal and rock... music I'm talking about here.
    And I really like to play games, as a matter of fact I'm becoming an interactive games developer so yeah.
    Well as you can see I'm immensly wierd, but that doesn't reflect in what I write (well somewhat). What I write is really cool and uber! Anyway, I really hope you guys comment on my writings cause no-one does. :(

SEE YA ROUND! :-D

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Aether, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

hey Aether, it is always to see a new person around here, keeps the place interesting. anyways, i am Heather and can normally be found wandering aimlessly around here most of the time so if you ever want a review, need any help with something or just want to chat then send a PM my way and I'll be happy to look. ;)
    Heather

4. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hey there, welcome to the forums. If you need anything just ask and I hope that you settle in soon :)

5. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome! I hope you like it here. If you any help just write a PM to me or any of the mods and we'd be sure to help you as we can.

6. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Good to have you here, like the others said if you have any questions then feel free to ask - we have a great group of talent here which is only too happy to welcome you to its bossom. See you around the site.

Hoping to see you enter our poetry competition soon too, details in the below link.

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=6201

7. Aether

Aether New Member

Thanks

Well, you all really know how to make someone feel at home... an electronic home to be exact! Anyway, thanks for those warm welcomes. Now for a cold exit into a cold world... (cry)
    (just kidding)

Please read my stuff! And all that jazz! And yeah, don't hold back, I don't want a buttered up response. Just like butter, they're full of crap! I want the freakin celery sticks of responses, You know they're good for you but they taste like crap! :-D

8. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

actually, i love celery. i jst sit there eating a stick of celery, so don't diss. and yea, so it is only a compter world but it's still real people and it does become like a second home, or at least it is to me. anyways, glad that you are fitting in so well. :)
    Heather

9. dushechka

dushechka New Member

You're a hyper guy, arentcha. :p

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Game developer-ing sounds pretty sweet.

10. Skipdonahue

Skipdonahue New Member

Lies. There are no puppies in Autrailia, only giant spiders. I've been there!

Welcome to the forums :cool:

Skip

11. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Aether your intro made me laugh. And Skip no we don't have giant spiders....If we did I'd tread water and head to the UK hehehehehe :p

Anyways welcome to the foruma and I hope that you have a most wonderful time with all of us. Don't worry we love to comment other peoples work as long as they comment ours back.

See you round the boards and if you ever want a review and haven't received one, us reviewers are only ever a pm away. :)

Torana