1. Mr Steve

Mr Steve New Member

Another Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mr Steve, Nov 20, 2006.

Hey,

I've been looking around for a decent forum now for a while some where to share creative ideas and such but had yet to find anything worth signing up for until now.

So fingers crossed this should be a good adventure for me.

I've been writing now for about 5 years, mostly poetry until recently. Now I keep having these ideas for storys and just want to get them out of my mind and on to paper but I'm having confidence issues with my writing as of late and have not done much of anything. So I guess my aim in this forum is to build confidence and start writing some good stuff again.

Look foward in talk to you all.

Steve

2. Raven

Raven Banned

Pull up a chair put on those reading glasses and take some time to enjoy the work at hand here.

I'm sure you'll find as you begin to write. Your creative inspiration will flow through you like a fine wine.

Howdy and Welcome.

Five years is a long time to be writing what type of stories do you like to write and read.

I know the feeling though when you say your minds is full of creative stories.
    I sometimes get like that the only problem i have is sometimes i have too many ideas booming around my brain that when i start them a few get forgotten.
    Don't worry about confidence it soon comes back we all get a lack of confidence from time to time. But as you think up something then put pen to paper fingers to keyboard that confidences comes right back.

~Raven.

3. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Welcome, welcome. Hope this site really helps you with your confidence building.

4. Felony

Felony New Member

Hiyas!!! I like your avatar It reminds me of The Gieco Gecko. Welcome and I hope your stay is nice!!

5. Mr Steve

Mr Steve New Member

It is the gieco gecko ;)

Thanks for all the warm reception!

6. Lewbear

Lewbear New Member

Hi there.....

I am new meself mate and I have to say it seems like a pretty cool site. Look forward to seeing you around....

7. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

'sup big Steve?

Welcome to WF. It's good you say you have lots of ideas but need to channel them. We have just started an online interaction whereby every week members can take part in a weekly writing group to post a short story. This will help in keeping your writing skills continuously challenged and raw to the bone. Sometimes it actually feels that way.
    The following week members can vote on the stories that have been entered and the one that members decide is the best it will then be entered into the online e-zine. This is continuous every fortnight. You've just missed our first one though.

There is also an annual competition we have also just started to take part in which prompts any members who want to take part to write a short story beginning with a specific sentence.

If you're interested in taking part and want further information the links are in my signature.

As for your confidence: when it comes to any form of writing; tear it a new arse! Don't follow convention (I'm assuming you know enough about writing and other writer's example of literary works to understand the convention that already exists out there), get off on what you write. Jump all over it like a rash on a whore and annihilate anyone with any amount of balls who wish to read what you're capable of.

Because anything less is just weak, dried and stale piss! ;) :D

Newbies always get the pints in. So mine's a pint of whiskey in a half pint glass please. :) :cool:

8. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

Welcome, Mr. Steve! I, too, have problems with confidence in my writing. I do ok with my poetry but when it comes to writing stories I lock myself up with nervousness on the end result. We are such silly humans! I look forward to reading your works! :)

I will forever grin when I see your name as I have a cat named Mr. Sneakers and he's tops!

9. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Howdy!