1. deviouspooka

deviouspooka Member

Hellu!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by deviouspooka, May 14, 2014.

Hello, everyone! I happily stumbled into this site while craving some writing inspiration and support. This site looks like a great place for a beginning writer, like me, to start. :)

Although I have been writing for a long time, my writing hasn't been in the realm of fiction for a long time. I'm studying to be a copywrite, but I really want to be a creative writer. So, for now, I'll be a commercial writer during the day and a speculative fiction writer by night. I'm currently working on a few short stories. I would like to publish a novel for tweens eventually.

My favorite items to read: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmund Rostand, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston, and anything by H. P. Lovecraft.

My favorite poems: "Sashimi" by Juliet Kono and "Grampa" by Dennis Scott.

My current favorite words: moue, agog, and persiflage.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Deviouspooka. :friend:

I like the avi. I'm kinda' nerdy too. ;)

Please have a quick read through the New Member Quick Start where you'll find link to the Forum Rules, and the FAQ.

Have fun! :crazy:

Wrey

3. deviouspooka

deviouspooka Member

Thanks. :) I likes it. -- And, I read Forum Rules before I posted. I will read over the FAQs. ;) Oh, and I have an icon for your quote, "Brevity is the soul of wit." I'll have to dig it out sometime. ^^

4. Holly_M

Holly_M New Member

Hi deviousspooka,

You started diving in yet!?

5. deviouspooka

deviouspooka Member

Into writing or the site? I'm working on both of them. :) Lol.