1. ektron

ektron New Member

Help a student out and take his writing survey

Discussion in 'Research' started by ektron, Nov 3, 2013.

Hello. Here's hoping you are getting much enjoyment out of your writing journey! I am looking for writers who have a spare literal two minutes. I created this survey for an English Comp class I am taking. My research question is "Does the reason to write affect productivity?" I need 30 responses in like a week, please please help. It's a ten question thing I created on surveymonkey so you can be sure it's not spam. Thank you so much and my God bless you either way: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y2K62QL

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

that's a pretty hard to answer question, due to the odd [to me, anyway] wording...

what do you mean by 'the reason to write'?

and what are you considering 'productivity' to include?

i think you'll need to be more specific and clear in the wording, if you hope to get clear answers...

3. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

I found the questions rather limiting and none-specific, oddly enough.
    I think it needs more open question and restructuring, I added my answers but they were all rather negative as none of them really applied.

4. ektron

ektron New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I realize the questions are rather general and the shortness of the survey can be limiting, but my challenge was to get as much information as I could in a survey limited to ten questions. It was a challenge to include as many aspects of the reason to write(or you could think of it as your motivation to write) as possible within my constraints. For the productivity I just mean to include how much you get done in whatever aspect you like. If you think you are productive by getting a lot of words on the page or if you think you are making headway on developing a character, etc. However you view your productivity in an overall sense and how you are satisfied in that is what I"m after.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i answered the questions, but they are poorly framed in general and do not allow for even 'close enough' answers in many cases... it really does need to be restructured, to have the results make any sense, or indicate any conclusions...