1. rory

rory Active Member

Help finding a book

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by rory, Jan 29, 2009.

I need help! Years ago, I started reading a series (trilogy, probably), but it was unfinished. By now it probably is, but I can't recall the author. The title of the first book might be Rhianna's Ride or something like that, and I completely forgot the second title. I think the author may be from or living in Australia, too.
    The story is about a satyr girl, who looks human, tames a winged horse, and then ends up living with humans, and the trouble that follows... Something like that, maybe.

The Books where pretty good, but mostly I just want to finish the series for the sake of ending the story somewhere besides on the brink of an epic rescue mission.

I've tried googling the title, and looking it up on Amazon books, but all I get is stuff about the singer Rhianna, who apparently has a song out referencing 'rides' which is sketchy, if you ask me.

Anyway, if you can help me put that would be great! I'm hoping the vast knowledge of the forums will come to the rescue, either with the author's name or tips to fix my faulty googling skills.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Rhiannon's Ride, by Kate Forsyth?

I googled "Rhianna's Ride" (with the quotes!) to find it, and that was close enough for google to guess correctly.

Enclosing words in quotes tells google to treat them as a phrase rather than as separate keywords.

3. rory

rory Active Member

Perfect! You are my hero! And solved both my problems. I will remember those quotes in the future. Perhaps my computer education was lacking in elementary school.

Thanks again Cogito!