1. nettkkr

nettkkr New Member

Help I'm stuck

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by nettkkr, Mar 2, 2010.

I'm in the process of writing my first novel. It's loosely based upon the book of revelations. However, the second coming of Christ is a female and is actually the child of the Anti-Christ. Now, I bring into this book a lot of mythical creatures as well: Vampires, Werewolves, Wiccans, Etc. The trouble that I am having is that I have a certain number of vampires who actually regain their souls after Sara (Who is the 2nd coming of Christ) is threatened by her father and a band of other mythical creatures. Her prayers are answered by God and these certain Vampires like I said regain their souls but retain all the traits (such as strength, speed, agility) of being a vampire. The things they no longer have is ever-lasting life and a sensitivity to the sun.

Now to my problem. I want to call these new sects of vampires something. It's kinda like how the Jedi have a counter part called the Sith. I have been trying to research different angelic terms but they are too blase to even mention. I want to stay away from anything that sounds vampiric as they are no longer vampires but basically angels now who have vampire traits. I hope you understand what I'm saying here. If anyone could help me brain storm that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    Dan

2. Spuddfluff

Spuddfluff New Member

Day walkers :p
    I dunno, think of anything "sunbearers", "bloodless ones", could be quite a few things.
    Although while reading this I thought it would be nice if the vampires 2.0 called the originals something like "the addicted ones" or something.

But try not to offend anyone with the second coming and all that :p most books try and keep away from offending 3 billion people.

3. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

If you're going to have vampires etc why bother referring to the 'second coming of Christ'? You could just have 'the dark Messiah' or something, much less likely be offensive and unsuitable as YA fiction. Personally, I'd avoid having them pray to 'God' as well. Actually, I'd steer clear of vampires, too, considering that they've been done to death--excuse the pun. But I'm being terribly unhelpful, sorry. I'll slink off...

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it does sound like too much of a mish-mosh, with all that stuff tossed in willy-nilly...

but i wouldn't say fooling around with a second coming should be avoided, because it's been done countless times already and is no big deal... those who don't like the idea don't have to buy the book...

5. sprirj

sprirj Senior Member

The 2nd coming is the daughter of the anti-christ? How? 2nd coming is meant to be Gods child, not the devils? :confused:

'Serafin' are the highest order of angels, and deemed the most powerful.

6. rainy

rainy New Member

One way to include all these creatures is to make them minions of Satan, like different orders of demons. Each level is sent one at a time after the child, for example. This would add structure to the hordes. You need a good explanation why the father doesn't just off the child right away though, instead of going through the gambit of sending other creatures first.

And yes, the concept of the Second Coming being sired by Satan is a bit odd. However, we discussed how stories need a twist. There is one. Now, you have to make it work. Make it believable. Why did Satan sire his enemy? How has immaculate conception been misinterpreted? Perhaps immaculate meant no human had touched Mary. There's a million ways you can take this.

And there's a million ways you can offend people. But someone somewhere is always offended by something. I think, if you do it tactfully and have a good moral standing in the end --holy power can even save vampires!, for example --you might lessen the harsh. That is, if you wanted to.

Now for the original question, there's a few aspects to consider. Are these "saved" vampires full-on replacements for angels? Will there be other saved creatures? Will there be actual angels? Depending on the answers, you could use something like the Saved, to differentiate them from their unsaved, vampiric counterparts.

Also, I have to note that Wiccans aren't mythical creatures ;)

//R

7. nettkkr

nettkkr New Member

The second coming of christ is never mentioned how it will come to be. So it could be from another virgin birth or it could be that the seed of evil gives life to the seed of the ultimate good. According to the bible God is the grand visor of everything and he has a strange way to make things happen. Such as with Jesus Christ, a virgin birth.

That being said, I think I've come up with a viable solution to my problem. Deep within a book of an anthology of christian mythology there's a story of a man named Drythelm. This man had almost repented too late. His soul was in the process of repenting when he died. After he died, angels had taken his soul to the a rocky formation between two cliffs. Under one cliff was fire. The other was ice. Souls were shoved in between the two. His soul however stayed above and observed. He asked his angel guides what this was, if it was hell. Their reply was it is the gateway to hell. And he needed to finish his repentance to not go there. Once he was able to finish his full repentance the angels lifted him to heaven.

I think since these creatures were vampires (all be it moral vampires) and repented their ways by saving the second coming of christ, they shall be called Drythelman.

8. SilverWolf0101

SilverWolf0101 Active Member

I'm gonna retain to his original question of what to call Vampires with souls. In most cultures vampires are deemed as the "Damned" because of their fate. This also remains for the termed "The Saved" it's usually used for those who have been forgiven by God and such.

So the question remains: What to call them?

My suggestion is play with the idea: Vampires with Souls. I did trying to think of something, using the words, and here's what I came up with;
    Vamithsou
    Vamitsou
    Vampsol
    Vampithsou
    Vaisou

Not the greatest I'll admit, but they're ideas. Hope this helps.