1. Ilikecake

Ilikecake New Member

Help with my book

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Ilikecake, Oct 20, 2007.

Alright, so I'm writing a book about superheroes, and I need some help. First, I can't for the life of me think of a fitting title, and I need help thinking of a power to give to one of the female superheroes. Any help would be great. ;)

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Ilikecake,

I'd say it's pretty much impossible for someone to provide a reasonable title for a book with the only information available being that it's about superheros, and an idea for a female superhero is requested.

Write the book. As you work through it, a title should come to you, or at least a decent working title. By the time it's finished, you should have one, or one of your readers could come up with one.

As for superpowers for a female characer:
    1. Intercept and interpret wireless messages (ie those sent by satelite/cellphones/walkie-talkies, CB's, wireless internet connections, etc.

2. Can change age appearance: from toddler to crone

3. Can cause others to speak words from a distance (like a ventriloquist--sp?).

Just three possiblities I thought up on the spot. I have no idea if they are unique (I don't really read many comic books or watch the superhero movies/cartoons--well not since the Super Friends cartoon back in the 70s.)

Hope this helps.

Terry

3. heyharris1

heyharris1 New Member

ihello, I came up with the title for the novel i am attempting from the last paragraph in the last chapter. to make it kinda intresting, make the lady like a succubus (sp) i just remember them for my days of dungeons and dragons, they could use their charm to get other people to do stuff for them, i would say kinda like a spell. or something

not very good but hope it helps.
    jim

4. Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny New Member

I always think of a title while I am writing i generally think of several and then reduce them to one.

As far as a power-- It depends on what you need.

5. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    If you want a woman who can be a bit of a seductress but also a powerhouse use this power.
    She can increase and shift the basic physical structure of her body at will.
    Say she needs to impress a womanizing villain. Give her a minute and she looks like a top model by changing her facial structure, increasing her breast size, reducing any fat in her body, and making sure her skin is just the proper shading he likes in his women.
    Later that night she needs stop him from getting away. So she changes her body so that her legs are longer and better for running, increases her muscle mass so she can destroy his hired help. And as he's trying to start his car, she can cover her fist and forearm in extra hard bone and break open his window without worrying about shredding her hand.
    The power doesn't give her extra limbs, and she can't become something completely inhuman, but she can go from being the human epitome of beauty to the greatest athlete in the world, and for short periods of time even get some basic armour. Changing skin to bone is possible, but tiring, and painful.

How does that sound.
    If its not good, let me know what you would like to use her for and I can give you several different ideas.