1. Zepthier

Zepthier New Member

Help with my story.

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Zepthier, Oct 31, 2011.

Hello. This is my first post so apologies if I do it wrong.

I started to write a book a few months back and I feel I have amazing ideas for it and everyone who I have told the story too also thinks it is amazing and has a lot of potencial. I am relly good with comming up with new and original ideas for the story's but there is a problem. Im not very good at writing and expressing the story to its full potencial which is a big draw back to writing a good book. I have asked my friends and family to help me but they are too busy with work and their own problems in life to help me and I wouldnt trust anyone online to help me with the story as I would be afraid as they may steal my idea. So I was woundering is there an actual company conveniently in the UK where you can hire qualified people to work with you writing down you story from your ideas and with legal actions put in place so they cant steal it and we both get the credit. If so how much are they to hire? And how can I contact them? And are they reliable or a good solution to the problem I have.

If you do now of a company such as this can you mention as much information about it as possible.

Thankyou very much.

2. Enerzeal

Enerzeal New Member

I believe what you are looking for is a ghostwriter? A large portion of celebrities who can't string a sentence together to save their lives hire someone for them to dictate their life to, who in turn will apply it to paper with as much skill is any other novelist might posses, this is where a large amount of the autobiographies come from.

In all honest though what you need is a writing class. Going off your post alone you really are not that far away from creating well structures sentences, and applying the correct grammar and overall organization. I my self use a spellchecker all the time. My spelling is pretty awful and without one I would be up a creek without a paddle and broken arms to boot. The most difficult part without a doubt is getting a plot, good characters, good pacing, great hooks etc. Not so much the writing skill as you can learn that. The other stuff, also able to be learned is worlds more difficult in my opinion.

3. Metus

Metus New Member

I agree. Rather than ghostwriting, (which I believe is very expensive), you should do independent research on grammar and language. You may decide to write the book yourself, but there are other benefits as well. Once you have a very good grasp of how a book and the sentences in it will fit together to form a chesive, non-boring story, you may also be able to give a ghostwriter more relevant information and help him/her write something more representative of your ideas.

Keep in mind that with a ghostwriter, everything that goes on the page is being filtered through the writers ideas, values, and knowledge, so characters and descriptions of areas may be very different from what you have in your head.

4. Zack Winchester

Zack Winchester Member

I read somewhere once that only bad writers think that their writing is really, really good. Writing is a craft, so it can be learned. If you're creative as you say you're, and if you enjoy writing, you may by trying to write--posting a short story here or somewhere else--find out that your writing is not bad at all. If you want your story to be exacly as you want it, you're the one who needs to write it.