1. UnknowingWriter

UnknowingWriter New Member

Help with story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by UnknowingWriter, Dec 30, 2007.

Hello all.

I have a story in my head, about a boy who can transform in a dragon. I dont have much farther than that, and would like a few, pointers to help me out.

I do have some other ideas, more developed...

2. Klee

Klee New Member

All stories have a conflict, sometimes more than one, think about the problems your character(s) would/could come across. Think about the setting, I'm guessing your going for fantasy so, is it a fully magical world? is it a normal world were magical things are hidden?

I hope that can help, of you'd like to talk more you can pm me.

3. UnknowingWriter

While I was sitting here, I did think of some more details that I thought of,(Made this story when I was bored at a bus station).

It is in the present, and one conflict is that of course, he is a bloody dragon in the real world. ( I might put him in a fantasy world, where magic was lost years ago =D )

Also, he doesnt know everything about being a dragon, not like hes gonna be *POOF* then know everything.

4. Klee

Klee New Member

Well, think about why/how he became a dragon, that can become part of the plot. Finding someone to teach him or more people like him could also be part of the plot.

5. UnknowingWriter

I have a few topics on how he became a dragon...

Either, he found some item that changes him into a dragon, or it is a bloodline trait passed down for generations that no one knew about.

The Item one seems the best, a major conflict could go around other people wanting that item.

6. Klee

Klee New Member

There you go! All you need to do now is to think up some more characters and expand that idea.

7. UnknowingWriter

Fun!

Now for an Antagonist...

8. Neidermeyer

Neidermeyer Active Member

There are many ways you could go for an antagonist in this setting. First, the antagonist is going to depend to a degree on the setting. In a modern setting, perhaps a governmental or private organization catches wind of a "sighting" and begins to investigate, or perhaps it is someone in his family.

In a fantasy setting, the antagonist could likely be some magic user that is either scared or envious of this power and wishes to destroy/attain it.

You could also tie in some type of prophecy, or even some ancient document that will explain who he is and why he can do what he can do. Maybe that would be part of the set up. After he finds out who he is, he searches for information that explains it. This would likely be when he encounters the antagonist.

These are just some general, top of the head ideas.

9. UnknowingWriter

I like this one the best hehe

10. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Firstly, this has been done, which is alright, because all ideas have been done one way or another. The American Dragon Jake Long is a Disney Cartoon (I actually really like it) which has this concept.
    So you could make it a little different. Make it perhaps a curse rather than ability. Make your character prophecical, maybe, liek already said. Relate his power to dinosaurs and lizards, and create a action-packed story maybe. The antagonist could be someone who cursed him - whatever you like. Best wishes.

11. UnknowingWriter

What is Jake long?

whatever.

All my stories seem to be already taken in one form or another...this is just another one like it

12. B-Gas

B-Gas New Member

No, this is more direct. Jake Long is an animated series about a kid who can turn into a dragon. Your story concept, verbatim, is
    Anyway, starting from abilities is dangerous- because it tends to end up with power-munching stories where everyone who matters is superhuman (though that's where mine is heading, slowly but surely)

13. Amloki

Amloki New Member

Dragons and men

How about a boy who becomes a dragon only when a person is near him? How about that person is the source of magic? maybe can make that one into a girl, and then make them fall in love and all the complications that would bring and then have to be sorted out?

14. Blooming

Blooming Banned

That sounds really good, but I think the antagonist should be a demon because in mythological times dragons were called the light beings while demons were the dark being, they battled against each other. It lasted for a long time. Until a demi god killed both sides.

In my script, my hero is a dragon and he is picked by a dragon to find out the truth of all life.