1. MissBite

MissBite New Member

Help

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by MissBite, Jul 19, 2008.

So there's this story I'm trying to write. It's called Imogene and it's about a sex addict [i know that sounds weird but yeah]. This is what I have so far:

My name is Imogene and I’m an addict. I always get what I want, well, rather what I need, but I’m never really satisfied. This addiction is my curse, and it has turned me against myself completely. Of all things to be tormented by, I have to be tormented by lust.
    I lost my virginity at age fourteen. The guy I was with was also a virgin at the time. We had been going out for two months. It was a wonderful, romantic night. When I kissed him goodbye, I knew I could never be more in love.
    He had sex with another girl three days later. It was a very strange feeling, being cheated on. I felt almost euphoric, but death lingered behind my pity for him. Death in the sense that I was dying internally. I could feel it, yet I was…content. I suppose the final stage of death is acceptance.

I don't exactly know where I want to go with it, but this is something I really want to write.

Anyone wanna help me develop a good plot?

2. Chazen

Chazen New Member

you really need to come up with it on your own, unless you want to be a co-author.

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Unfortuantly, like Chazen said, you need to think about and develop the plot on your own MissBite, otherwise it wouldn't be your peice. If you get an outline of what you want to do with this, even an idea, then aye, we could help, but this is your work, and you need to have your own story in mind.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Developing plot requires finding and developing conflicts.

5. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

I haven't any suggestions for plot, but I just wanted to caution you to be careful that you actually know what sex addiction (sexual compulsion) really is. Too many people think it means somebody who likes to have sex a lot, when this really is not the truth. Think of any compulsion or addiction--it's something you do because you really feel you HAVE to, and while it might relieve the tension briefly, there's a lot more negative emotion involved than positive. A lot of addicts/compulsives end up not really enjoying the act at all--hence why they have to engage in it so often.

You might already know this, I just wanted to make sure since it always irks me when people trivialize it just to write a sensational story. It seems to be just as misunderstood as the difference between schizophrenia and DID/MPD.

6. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

The more you get of your addiction, the less it satisfies the underlying need. This desensitization process drives the escalation in the behavior. It also provides a good basis for a plot as the victim's needs become controlled by a growing obsession that can never be satisfied.