Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Embarrassing auto-correct *PG-13*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Steerpike, Dec 9, 2011.

So...

I'm texting with my 16 year old daughter, and we are discussing things having to do with her friends (drama). I tell her that I think it would be a bad idea to rat out her friends. The 'r' being right next to the 'e,' my swype keyboard changes 'rat' to 'eat' and I don't notice until I hit send just as I'm looking back at the message.

I corrected the error immediately, but not before getting a string of lololo and omg back in reply.

2. art

art Contributor Contributor

I don't quite follow old boy. Are you saying that you mistakenly suggested that your daughter turn cannibalistic? You'll have to spell it out for me.

Re general texting etiquette: I'm a very reluctant texter. A miserable sod if you like. So unless somebody asks me a direct question that demands a reply, I will not respond. My 'inbox' to 'sent items' ratio is in the range 6to1. :cool: Go me!

3. Steerpike

At the risk of violating my own PG13 designation (but I think I am OK here), the phrase "eat out" in the U.S. is slang for cunnilingus. Or at least it was when I was a teenager, and judging by my daughter's reaction to my text I am guessing that it still is. Damn you Swype! I'm sure the story has been repeated to each of her friends by now.

4. art

I must break it to you my dear fellow: the phrase is slang for cunnilingus here too.;)

5. Steerpike

BAH! Where are you anyway? Britain?

Damn limeys :)

6. art

England!
    Plymouth, England, to be exact..Which will I'm sure be of especial historical interest to you since I understand that one of your automobiles is named after the place.:)

7. Steerpike

Alas, the car maker is no more.

Plymouth is in the vicinity of Mount Batten, I believe, which has significance going back to ancient times. I'd love to visit one day, and see the rest of England as well (and Scotland, from whence came my forebears on my father's side).

8. art

Allow me to save you a trip: don't bother, it's a dump.

But, Scotland, on the other hand, taking in Edinburgh perhaps and the Highlands: well I think that would be just the ticket.

9. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

That's ironic my sister showed me a website that's all about Auto correct and instead of normal words it's funny stuff that are really embarrassing but funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.