1. Denegroth

Denegroth Banned

Here it is!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Denegroth, Nov 20, 2016.

Someone told me this is here. I shan't reveal much of myself as my internet security is of value to me. Suffice to say I am an author, journalist and editor. As a journalist I specialized in military affairs at the close of the Cold War. And, at present I serve as a consultant on that very subject.

As an author I have six books under my belt. Have you read one? Hell if I know. I've also got three volumes of poetry and was featured in a poetry journal with Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, as well as the University of Miami. I studied applied journalism under the Columbia University School of Journalism curriculum at the Defense Information School, Ft. Ben Harrison, IN (where I made the highest score on record for grammar and spelling la dee dah), and Southern Illinois University. At the University of Alabama, I majored in fine arts, specializing in oil painting. I am a published photo journalist as well.

As if that wasn't enough of sinful living, I'm a vocalist, guitarist and play harmonica. I have folk roots, played in various rock and roll bands over a 45-year career, and wound up (in my old age) playing Delta Blues and managing a couple of bands in Hot'lanta and South Beach. I also spent four years as a host on the original Microsoft Network working with the Writing Forum.

Born Boston. Grew up in North Alabama. Lived in quite a list of different states all with a seacoast, oddly enough. Roll Tide.

BayView likes this.
  2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Thanks - interesting!

3. BayView

Didn't he already kind of give us his resume? You mean the actual books written? Fiction or non?

4. BayView

I don't think you are right - I did some poking and I couldn't find any famous authors with any of the details he's mentioned.

So I'm not sure if you're wrong about who he is or just about what it would take to knock my socks off...

ETA: @Denegroth - sorry if this is making you uncomfortable. It seemed like an interesting puzzle, but I'm trying to imagine how I'd feel if two strangers were speculating about my identity after I'd said I didn't want it exposed, and I doubt I'd like it. I'll stop, and hopefully @Carly Berg will too.

5. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Just 'Welcome' :D

BayView likes this.
  6. BayView

The private messages were when I was still in my "the hint-hint made me curious" stage. That's what I was apologizing for.

And unless Denegroth presents his own credentials and I'm actually blown away by them, I'm going to continue to correct or at least disagree with him when... well, when I disagree.