1. Canella

Canella Member

Here we go... (Cinnamon writing diaries)

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Canella, May 19, 2015.

Hello to one and all!

This is my progress journal which I promise (to myself and all the rest of the world) I will keep on writing every (EVERY!) day!

I started writing some years ago but was never able to finish anything (not true, there was one terrible short story which I actually finished and then there is another horror story of which the first draft is ready as well, but they don't count).

I am Russian but at a very young age I fell in love with English and for the last couple of years I was torn in between both of these languages and could not decide which I wanted to write in. From one side there is Russian where I have much more freedom of expressing myself, but from the other side my favorite writers are all Americans or Brits and reading their works in translation means loosing so much...

So, now I have made up my mind - English it is! But there is a smaaaal problem - my language is too poor and I am afraid it will always be 'yup, you are quite there but, no, not good enough'.

The reason for this journal is to make myself write. I need to stop procrastinating and write, write, write! Last year I was in such a good place with this passion of mine - I would write anywhere from a 1,000 to 3,000 words a day and I was so happy. But then we moved house and life happened - so many changes, that when everything settled down and the routine took over again writing had disappeared from my daily schedule. And, oh, how tough it is to start writing again...

One of my friends once told me that probably I need a 'magical kick in the butt' to get me started again. I hope that this journal will be a sort of a magical kick and that it will propel me right back into the world of writing.

What I need, probably, is some support and a nudge or two to keep me going on the days when I feel like the sky is falling and decide never to write again, as all that comes out on the screen is total ... and the world is too good to see any of the horrible ramblings of someone who pretends to be a writer.

What my goals are: I WANT TO FINISH THE NOVEL CALLED 'The Heart of Time'.

Blurb: An assassin belonging to the secret order finds out that the Church she serves is the one to blame in the death of her family, so she travels back in time to change the past but is forced to face a tough choice between love and duty.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. Canella

Canella Member

19/05/15

The Heart of Time: 1,013 words

1,013 words written down for The Heart of Time. Hate almost each and every one to them, but they are written down and I promise not to touch them until the revision time comes. (fingers crosses I will keep my promise :) )

3. jodie_nye9663

jodie_nye9663 Member

Well done! And good for you.
    I hope your plan works and I wish you luck.

4. Canella

Canella Member

20/05/15

The Heart of Time
    : 1,013 words
    Schizophrenia: 1,005 words

@jodie_nye9663 Thank you for the support! :)

Today is one of terrible 'headache days'... Can't think straight without painkillers, plus had to prepare two Italian lessons for tomorrow, find new materials for the new student... Head... breaking apart... :(

Wanted to add another goal to my 'writing life': RE-WRITE 'Schizophrenia' IN ENGLISH! This is something I started in November 2014. At first it was just a free-writing exercise but it grew and grew and grew... until it became a short story and then it reached more than 15,000 words. I wrote the first draft in Russian but there was this crazy thought in my head to write it in English.

Task for today: write the first scene!

Also, going back to my wonderful writing habits, I PROMISE TO WRITE AT LEAST 750 WORDS A DAY!

{Later that evening}

Drum roll... 1,005 words in Schizophrenia! First scene done, another thirty-something to go! :)

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  5. Canella

Canella Member

21/05/2015

Schizophrenia: 1,265 words

Writing in the morning: 260 words on Schizophrenia! :)

jodie_nye9663 likes this.
  6. Canella

Canella Member

Schizophrenia: 1,651 words

Today's word count: 384
    Not very happy with myself but at least I managed to get these words out on the computer screen.

7. Canella

Canella Member

24/05/2015

Developing the plot of The Earth Forgotten. In total 730 words in planning the whole thing. Planning it to be a short story. Still need to outline, some things still unclear.