1. shadow tiger x

shadow tiger x New Member

The Australian funny farm. More than 5 minutes fro

Good news i am Pregnant with my second

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shadow tiger x, May 20, 2008.

Well the news is out there even known all of you might not have heard yet I AM PREGNANT with baby number 2. Well i have got Gestational Diabeties as i did also have it with my first son and i was going to be induced at 38 weeks they broke my waters to find out i had a ruptured plasenter and had to be rushed down for a emergancy csection and this time i was hopeing for a natural birth but i was told that i can't be induced i to either have a planed csection of go into labor naturaly. Please can some one help me see if they can get some info. Do you have a story like this that you can help me through this.

I am exited about this pregnancy & baby and i can't wait to hold him or her in my arms YAYNESS I miss being a new mum my son is now 16months old and is so independant. When he was a new born i was able to hold him and rock him to sleep but now i only just get a hug when he is ready to...

I am also so scared that Aden my first born is going to hate having a new baby in the house thinking we don't want him no more I am going to find it hard having a new born and a toddeler but it will be ok i think...

2. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Congratualations...I remember what that excitement is like!

My sister In law went through something similar. I know it was a real struggle for her, twice she had to have a c-section. Her third was a natural delivery...after the doctor told her she would never have a natural birth. So, I guess you don't always know how it is going to go.

I wish you much luck and happiness!

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Well I can't offer any advice, or experience.
    So I'll stick to being the Congratulations committee.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Everything will turn out all right, and your son will love having a new baby brother or sister.
    So once more Congratulations, and I know everything will be fine.

4. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Congrats, shadow! And don't worry, everything will turn out fine :)

5. shadow tiger x

Thanks i hope it does i really want a natural birth with this one as i felt so disapointed when i had to have a csection with Aden and now to be told that i have to either have a c section again or go into labor without help is realy disapointing even more...

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Shadow I am sorry that you are having complications with your pregnancy, but the main thing is that the child is brought into this world strong and healthy. It is always important to put the health of the child first.

There are so many people told they can never havea natural birth and they do. I did twice and apparently it should have paralysed me and almost kill my children. I'm still walking and they are both here...goes to say alot about the human body if you ask me.

Bieng a mom with two kids is hard. But you have the help and support of your husband so you'll do fine. Don't worry about that. With little Aden, once the baby is around, get him to do things for you, like get you a nappy, or the babies clothes, the wipes, etc. Also tell him that it is his job to teach the baby to smile. These things do help. There will be jealousy, for the rest of their lives they will both be jealous of each other. But you just have to make sure you spend equal time with both children.

A good idea is to teach Aden that when you feed the new baby, he can sit next to you and have something to eat as well, a bowl of fruit, etc. Or even make it story time. Read to them both while feeding the new baby. Put a movie on and sit Aden next to you. Make feed time during the day a personal bonding time for all three of you. When your husband is about he can help with this.

It won't be the easiest thing in the world, but it will be a wonderful experience.

Congratulations Shadow. I can't wait till the little guy is born. It is truly amazing to see how big our family is becoming now :)

7. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Try not to put too much stress on yourself Shadow... I know it is easier said than done, but, just try and concentrate on being healthy and having a beautiful baby!!!

8. shadow tiger x

I think the hardest thing is at the moment i have my learners so learning how to drive a manual car isn't helping me any as i keep telling my husband being a mother to a 16 month old tod being pregnant and learning how to drive a car that has 6 gears is not helping me any but he wants me to keep at the manual for atleast another 4 months then if he sees that i am still having trouble then he will bye me a automatic mmmmm but it's harder than what he thinks i am not the brightest spark i find doing things learning things harder than others... But he wants me to have my licence so i don't have to walk the kids everywhere wich i can understand but i don't see why i have to have a manual licence if i can get a auto and have my own car the only reason he wants me to have a manual is because the car we have now is manual...

9. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Congrats Shadow, I am so glad for ya.

All it takes is a mention of babies for me to start endlessly smiling and looking for a bloke ... LMAO!!

Congrats again love. :) xx

10. silverfrost

silverfrost New Member

Hey, shadow tiger x. Congratulations on your pregnancy. :) Although I've never been pregnant, I have Type 1 Diabetes. I know that when I do decide to have a baby, I will have to deal with a lot.

I'm sorry I can't really help you with pregnancy issues specifically, but if you need someone to talk to about your sugars, feel free. I know how hard that can be.

11. shadow tiger x

Thanks for your thoughts its great.

Silverfrost thanks it would be great to have someone to talk too. When i was told i had diabeties with my first pregnancy i was kept in hospital for a week till i had my levels under control yay my husband had to take time off work as we were 2 hours away and he was not leavin me in a diffrent town on my own in a hospital. I was put on insulin 5 weeks before my first was born then the day i had him taken off of it again, 2-3 months later i found out the diabeties was back and was not going anywere although it was only controled via diet and exersize it was great not to be on insulin but as soon as i fell pregnant with this 1 i was only just 4 months when they put me on insulin so i will be on high doses via October the babys birth month, although i am handeling it alot better than last time it's still a pain to have to inject every meal and before i go to bed at night i feel like a pin cushion......

12. The Bard of Wigan

The Bard of Wigan New Member

Good luck with everything shadow tiger.

13. shadow tiger x

Thanks i am a bit exited can't wait realy

14. The Bard of Wigan

I've two children, an 8yr old boy & an 18 month old girl.

The greatest gifts in the world. Cherish and enjoy the whole experience.

15. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

my youngest daughter had to have a second c-section, too... and also about 16 months after her son was born... she had a lovely daughter and big brother is crazy about her, so don't worry... you set the scene for your little one by how you present the idea of having a little sister to him... if you make it ok and fun it will be... if you spoil him rotten and just obsess over his being a problem, he will be... so, lighten up and let him enjoy the whole process...

email me if you want any one-on-one advice or just a caring ear and shoulder... fyi, i had 7 kids [first 5 in less than 5 years] and lived to tell about it!

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

16. silverfrost

silverfrost New Member

Ugh, I know it! I recently went on the insulin pump, but before that, I was taking around seven shots per day. It just gets so tiring, and plus, I built up lots of scar tissue in my tummy. Yuck.

17. The Bard of Wigan

Metformin? Gliclazide?

There should be no need to have shots all the time. :confused:

18. shadow tiger x

Thanks maia I would like to have 1 on 1 advise.

Silverfrost yeah i know what you mean. When i had my first child via c section i found that after i healed i found that my lower tummy was numb i can't feel it at all so its not so bad to inject insulin there but other places it hurts like mad but i can't complain to much as it's something i have to do...

19. silverfrost

silverfrost New Member

Type 1 Diabetics cannot take pills to lower blood sugar. We have to take insulin shots or use an insulin pump. There is no other way.

On the other hand, it's common for Type 2s to take metformin. Although they're both considered "Diabetes," the differences between Type 1 and 2 are enormous.

20. The Bard of Wigan

Best of luck with it!!

21. silverfrost

silverfrost New Member

That's good--at least there are some spots that work for ya. It's always tough to find them.

Haha, thanks. :]

22. shadow tiger x

I can't take pills as i am pregnant so i am on Novorapid 3 shots a day with meals then a slow acting protophane for bed i only have to have that 1 once a day. I have to take my levels before and after meals and before i goto bed yay my fingers feel like pin cushions just as much as my tummy yayness

23. Torana

I know what you are going through isn't easy Shadow, but the benefits afterwards far outway the negatives. I had to put up with the fact I was constantly in and out of labour from 3 months onwards...I had so many problems through my pregnancies, but I loved it.

Dont' dwell on the negatives, but indulged in the pure wonder and the positives with pregnancy, like a new wonderous life that is slowly growing within you, it's tiny heart beating and you helping it to do so. And soon, so very soon, you will hold that precious little gift in your arms and cry with sheer joy that he/she was brn safely.

That is all that matters. All of this is a beautiful process to create life for the most amazing of people, YOUR CHILD!

24. shadow tiger x

Thanks cuz i am exited i am pregnant don't get me wrong but i am going through so many emotions at the moment happy sad and angry at times i never went through these emotions with Aden but mostly i am exited. It hurts to go to this Doc and him tell me that my chances to have a normal natural birth that i missed out on with my first is very unlikely to happen with this 1 unless it happens that i go into labor before i go under the knife.

25. Torana

I know and I understand. Going through natural birth is a wonderful experience. If I could go back though, I'd of gotten a c-section with Mason. Because I took a risk with his life given natural birth to him. We both almost died...it was touch and go for a good day. Luckily we both made it out ok, but there was a major risk of it going badly. As far as I am concerned not matter how a child is brought into this world, it is still the most wonderful experience. Just try not to dwell too much on the birth procedure, but on the wonder that this amazing new life will bring into your heart is all I am trying to say. :)