1. Indarican

Indarican Member

Hey All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Indarican, Mar 14, 2016.

Hello all!!!

Let me start by saying that I am so happy that I found a writing forum with so many active members. I tend to write quite frequently and love to get feed back. I read all the time and very quickly. I give honest opinions and appreciate it from others as well. I love to write but never really persued it because I always felt like I didn't have the correct training to write professionally. I have some serious editing problems..lol. I also tend to write loads and then just get writers block for a week. But I will say that for me writing has always been a way to release stress. I hope to learn from everyone here and also to help with my creative process!

Nice to meet all of you!!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Indarican, and welcome to the forum!

What kind of books do you like to read, like, do you prefer a specific genre? :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you official started. If you're interested in giving and receiving feedback, check out the portion about our workshop. :)

See you around!

-Kat

3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributing Member

I know exactly how you feel about finding this forum, I felt the same way. And I welcome you eagerly. Have fun! And I hope you get something productive out of this. I know I do both.:)

4. Indarican

Indarican Member

well I will give any genre a go as long as there is a good plot, but I would have to say I usually read alot of fantasy, romance, and mystery... im actually looking for a good post-apocalyptic book.

KaTrian and Oscar Leigh like this.
  5. Indarican

Indarican Member

Thanks Oscar!!! Im really looking forward to learning from everyone. As it stands I'm looking for information, particular the basic information on publishing. I have so many stories and novel ideas with the drive and ability to write them but end up getting frustrated because I HAVE NO IDEA how to go about publishing anything...lol, its all very confusing to me, my equivalent to Rocket Science.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

If you're looking for an interesting post-apocalyptic novel, I'd recommend Metro 2033. It's a Russian novel, and so far I've quite liked it. :)

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  7. Indarican

Indarican Member

Cool! Ill check it out thanks for the recommendation!!