1. Bradisrad

Bradisrad New Member

Hey everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bradisrad, Jul 21, 2015.

Hey everyone. My name is Brad. I am currently a junior in college. I was never much into reading and writing growing up, but my parents persuaded me into picking up my first serious book; It, by Stephen King. Even now, it is one of my favorites. After that, I really enjoyed reading and writing, and I have been doing it ever since. I want to do this for a living some day, but right now I seem to be at an impasse with my writing. Maybe it's because I'm young and not fully adapted to the in's and out's of writing good fiction. I'm here because I would really appreciate any advice I could get on my writing that I have done so far!

2. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Hi Brad,

Welcome to the forum. :)

With a bit of effort, you'll pick up the craft in no time. Being young isn't a bad thing; though you might lack life experience, you couldn't have picked a better age to start. Stephen King's IT is also a great place to start; his work is brimming with knowledge and wisdom that you can extract if you look close enough. ;)

3. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum from another new member!
    IT's a great book and hopefully the new movie will be better than the old one (although it seems to be in production hell right now).

The Mad Regent likes this.
  4. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

If Cary Fukunaga stays with the project then I've got high hopes. Though, I'm not sure how they're going to find a better Pennywise than Tim Curry.

Song likes this.
  5. Song

Song Active Member

Yeah, you can't replace a legend.