1. Song

Song Active Member

A simple hi from mid-novel frustration to you...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Song, Jul 19, 2015.

Hi Everyone,

I hope you guys have a little room around your campfire for little old me. I say little, I'm actually a giant but I promise I won't take up too much space. I'm currently about 60% of the way through my first book that I seem to have been writing forever, but thats a long story.

This will be my first full sized, no nonsense and punch to the gut of a novel. That's not to say I haven't done my fair share of writing though. It was short stories as a child, poetry in my teens and songs in my twenties. Now I'm reaching the end of my thirties I thought it was time to write the story I have carried around in my head for the last 15yrs.

Anyway I think I'll leave it there for now before this introduction needs page markers. I look forward to meeting you guys and learning more about you all.

p.s where do they keep the biscuit tin round here?

RachHP likes this.
  2. Sifunkle

Sifunkle Dis Member

So sorry I missed you when you first came in
    I was out buying biscuits to replenish the tin
    Eat your fill, to make up for a welcome so late
    They're up on the shelf, just beside the ratbait

:)
    Best wishes for your novel - 60% sounds like you've already covered some impressive ground, given how long it's been cooking for. And poetry and songs too? Yikes!

I'm surprised your entrance was overlooked - it's generally a very welcoming and supportive community around here, and I'm sure you'll be a valued member - seems like you're already getting stuck into various threads, which is great to see!

3. Song

Song Active Member

Thanks, I tried to fill the welcome new members void by doing it myself.
    Yeah it stewed a long time because when I was at Uni I didn't have the focus I do now. I also didn't know how to go about planning it out, i just started writing it and quickly just found myself getting lost. The snowflake method really helped me get it off the ground.
    And thanks for the biscuits, was having a mini sugar crash haha

4. Lynell

Lynell New Member

I feel like we're almost cut from the same cloth (though I never had the genius needed to write songs.) Welcome! I'm a newcomer as well and will gladly build a new campfire with some newer members just in case we don't fit at the one already burning.

5. Song

Song Active Member

Not sure it was genius writing the songs, but the people around me liked them and I enjoyed writing them. And 2 campfires! Thats crazy talk, and I love it. I won't welcome you here, I'll dash over to your welcome thread and do it there. I'll follow the American tradition of bringing baked goods as well.