Tags:
  1. JMStone

JMStone Member

hey everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JMStone, Apr 3, 2008.

How is everyone doing? Good, hopefully =) Well my name is Jen and I'm writing a series with my co-author, Meg. [that's where the J and M from this username, our pen name, comes from. as for the "Stone" it's symbolic of the story so I can't say much about it!:D

So anywho!

Besides writing [which is obviously a hobby of mine], I show horses. I'm too poor to own my own but whatever, as long as I get to ride right? I ride in hunters flat classes and could talk about horses for hours upon hours. I'm a big fan of taking pictures. I love photography, mostly macros and landscapes, so if there any DeviantArt-ers out there, my username is ixzjenn07zxi - look me up! Reading also takes up a lot of my time- I followed Harry Potter from the very beginning, when Sorceror's Stone was first published. I've recently picked up Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series and am a huge fan of that as well. For more adult books, I am a huge fan of Nora Roberts and Julie Garwood. Aka, I'm a romance-nut, but always with that twinge of suspense.

I have two golden retrievers named Brady and Teddy [can you tell I'm from Massachusetts and named my dogs after Pats players? nahh]. I'm a full-time college kid at Bridgewater State in Mass, majoring in Communication Disorders.

I feel like I'm rambling... So I'll stop there. My co-author and I would love to get reviews of our excerpt posted on our website- just ask for it and you shall receive!

Not to mention that we love, love, love reading other authors' works. It's fun to read works by aspiring authors like ourselves

Have a good one, guys!
    - Jen [1/2 of JM Stone]

2. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the Forums, Jen :) I'm new here too, so it'll be great to get to know you and see you around the forum. :) Hope you like it here.

3. JMStone

JMStone Member

nice to meet you! see you around =)

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Jen, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay...

6. JMStone

JMStone Member

thank you! =)

7. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

welcome to the forum jen. hope to see some stuff soon:)