1. Rush guy

Rush guy New Member

Hey! Fantasy author here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rush guy, Oct 12, 2011.

Hey there! I've been hoping to get some feedback on my novel called Crows. It will be the first in at least a few books in the world that I've made. I'm an amateur college age writer, but I'm NOT an english major. That being said, I don't intend to submit this to a professional publisher until I've finished it and ironed out certain areas. This is why I'll be needing feedback. I'm writing it a bit like J.R.R. Tolkien did, which means there's a lot of background material, and in some areas I have difficulty introducing concepts about the magic in a natural way (This version just explains it at the beginning). Think about it as my own work, but in the same style as Eragon, the Wheel of Time, and Lord of the Rings.
    I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys may have to say about my work and reading some stuff that you guys have written!

2. Protar

Protar Active Member

Hey Rush and welcome to the writing forums. I'm also an amateur college age fantasy writer so we should be able to help each other out a lot. Your writing style should develop into something unique over time, but it can't hurt to have a style model for the nonce. I'm looking forward to reading any excerpts you post but (as cogito will explain in detail.) you need to be here for at least a fortnight and must have 20 (i think). Good luck anyway. :)

3. Rush guy

Rush guy New Member

Thanks Protar! I would reply to your actual post, but my internet is being weird so I'll just do a quick reply.

4. Protar

Protar Active Member

That's a problem with the site because of a recent software update I think. Should be solved soon, so don't let it put you off.

5. Sarah G

Sarah G New Member

Welcome:D

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.